Which app for android enables verbatim copy and paste to email of text and images?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am a long term user of Apple tablets & iPhones and switched to android due to dissatisfaction with Apple products since Steve Jobs has passed.
Which app for android enables verbatim copy and paste to email of text and images?
The reason I copy and paste is to save articles and information for future reference. As a relatively new user of android the most annoying part of the decision to switch is being unable to copy and paste verbatim in the format/appearance of original articles and information from sites and sources including twitter. Too often, the bulk of my copy pastes result in failure of exact appearance of the document with images that I am trying to copy and paste to email.
If anyone knows which app/apps is/are the best for this or, what I need to do to my android phone and tablet to make this function perform like iPad and iPhone for this it would be greatly appreciated!
PS: I am using Samsung Note 10 plus and Samsung Tab their newest products. Tha ks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Moved to Ask a Question. Android Apps is for developers to discuss work on particular apps.

2. You can't copy text and picture in a single operation - they're stored differently. No computer (desktop, laptop, tablet or phone) can "Xerox" a page and make a copy somewhere else. Depending on the source, you probably have to copy each block of text, one at a time, then paste it, then copy each picture, one at a time, then paste it, then go back and get the next block of text, etc.

About the only way of saving an entire article from, say, a web browser, is to use a browser that allows saving an entire page - and then it gets saved as a folder with lots of text and picture files, and one HTML file they all get added to when you open it.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
When data is stored to the clipboard, the format of that data is dependent on the app placing it there. While computer programs will often offer multiple formats to the clipboard (for example: plain text + HTML) all at once, thus allowing the pasting app to pick a format, android apps don't seem to offer more than one format, which for text seems to be only "plain text".

dbsapps

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
Done! Thanks to all who have responded! I posted the following under another thread thinking this thread had been deleted and renamed. Anyway, if anyone comes up with an app or suggestions we'd be glad to try!
---
Hello,
I found this site after tediously trying to find out why and which app and/or what procedure I need to ''fix' the ability to copy and paste verbatim exactly the way I have always been able to do using Apple iPhone or Apple tablets. My switch to the newest Samsung Note 10+ and their tablets for my business and staff comes after using these Apple products for 5+ years and finding dissatisfaction with them within the last couple of years (since Steve Job's passing). While much is better about these Android based devices, what I can't figure out is why the function of copy and paste has not changed since around 2007 when I tried a friend's Android device and figured that since I could not make copy pasting in quite the same way I'll just 'stick with what works' for me and wait until maybe it changes.
It is surprising that here we are in 2019 and I am having the same issues with copying and pasting using Android based devices as in 2007. You may think it is stupid to save useful material as found online but too often, it has been extremely helpful not only for practical work related reasons but also demonstrative of examples of news and propaganda related activities which are consistently deleted.
In closing, I forget who coined the phrase 'Who controls the past controls the future' but my saved materials confirm this truth and, whether or not this is deleted by the time anyone finds this post, David Bowie in this shared interview was right about the Internet ( note: this site does not allow me to share a link to an interview with David Bowie, but in it, he was so right about what he said about the potential future impact!)

---

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The standard clipboard is designed for simple text. Are you primarily talking about articles on websites? If so, then in Chrome (and presumably most other browsers), you can download or save a particular website for offline viewing -- this should save the site exactly how you saw it, so it wouldn't show any changes or edits that might have occurred afterwards.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Android phones use the same clipboard technology as all computers using graphic operating systems (Windows, Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc. ... Android uses Linux) - except Apple. Apple always does things differently, and keeps them proprietary so no one else can use them without a many-years-long court fight. (Apple sued Microsoft for just using a graphical interface - that Apple had taken from Xerox.) So you're not going to see a "text and graphics clipboard" in Android soon. You can cut, copy and paste files - but that's just text (the fully-qualified filename) plus a file copy. But you can't copy a full page of pictures and text except as a picture of the page. Not in Windows, not in Linux, not in anything but Apple products.

dbsapps

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
The standard clipboard is designed for simple text. Are you primarily talking about articles on websites? If so, then in Chrome (and presumably most other browsers), you can download or save a particular website for offline viewing -- this should save the site exactly how you saw it, so it wouldn't show any changes or edits that might have occurred afterwards.

I'll try that. Thanks!

dbsapps

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
Android phones use the same clipboard technology as all computers using graphic operating systems (Windows, Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc. ... Android uses Linux) - except Apple. Apple always does things differently, and keeps them proprietary so no one else can use them without a many-years-long court fight. (Apple sued Microsoft for just using a graphical interface - that Apple had taken from Xerox.) So you're not going to see a "text and graphics clipboard" in Android soon. You can cut, copy and paste files - but that's just text (the fully-qualified filename) plus a file copy. But you can't copy a full page of pictures and text except as a picture of the page. Not in Windows, not in Linux, not in anything but Apple products.

Thank you for this info! It completely explains why most articles do not copy exactly as they appear on an Apple or even laptops/desktops running MS and the extra steps needed to include graphics on Android devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter