Which email app is the best for Android?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am revisiting this question after a while, wondering if there has been any development in email apps for Android.
If you are not a heavy email user and find the stock email client or gmail just fine, that's OK. That's not what I am looking for.
I rely on emails to run our business and do my job, so it's crucial for us. This is why I have been using Blackberry for over 10 years, and I wonder if I can switch to Android and still survive.

When I used Android for a short period several years ago, I used Touchdown, but I see touchdown has been bought by Symantec now and it has not been updated since February 11, 2015, that's a shame, it was an amazing email app.

Aqua Mail was another amazing email client, but I see that has been updated and the new look went in the direction of Lollipop, more colorful, but hopefully functionality improved.

I think my 3rd best email client when I tested them was MailDroid.
The issue with some of those were you couldn't add more than x number of account, and with larger folders syncing with Exchange servers, they would slow down terribly whenever they would sync folders.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't care for the stock app on my Note 4, so I searched, tried two or three, hit on K9 Mail and found it to be very capable. Extremely customizable, however the one thing it does not do is allow you to "save" an email. It does allow you to NOT delete from the server, so if it doesn't save on your phone/device, you can still view and save it on a computer or a different device.

Other than that, I find it to be very capable. Customizable to the point of almost being absurd.

In the Play Store.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't care for the stock app on my Note 4, so I searched, tried two or three, hit on K9 Mail and found it to be very capable. Extremely customizable, however the one thing it does not do is allow you to "save" an email. It does allow you to NOT delete from the server, so if it doesn't save on your phone/device, you can still view and save it on a computer or a different device.

Other than that, I find it to be very capable. Customizable to the point of almost being absurd.

In the Play Store.

Good info, I tried K9 too, but a lot has changed since I tried email apps on android, time to hit them again.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The sole reason I use email is to verify accounts and to get links to graphics apps downloads and video editing apps downloads I buy for my business. As well as tracking purchases from Amazon, etc. I don't communicate with anyone through email. However, on my mobile devices, I find K9 very capable, as stated.

I wish you the best.