Which Insurance for Turbo?

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at adding insurance to my Turbo and there are so many options my head hurts.

Can anyone chime in on experience which each? Only ever had Verizon insurance directly but $9/month and $149 deductible is a lot.

Protect Your Bubble
Motorola Warranty, Motorola Insurance, Motorola Protection Plan
$5.99/month - $50 Deductible - Covers everything including Loss/Theft
Estimate Total $193 - 2 years plus one claim

SquareTrade
$99/2 years - $75 Deductible - Covers everything except theft or loss.
Estimate Total $174 - 2 years plus one claim

Any suggestions?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at adding insurance to my Turbo and there are so many options my head hurts.

Can anyone chime in on experience which each? Only ever had Verizon insurance directly but $9/month and $149 deductible is a lot.

Protect Your Bubble
Motorola Warranty, Motorola Insurance, Motorola Protection Plan
$5.99/month - $50 Deductible - Covers everything including Loss/Theft
Estimate Total $193 - 2 years plus one claim

SquareTrade
$99/2 years - $75 Deductible - Covers everything except theft or loss.
Estimate Total $174 - 2 years plus one claim

Any suggestions?

Never used Protect Your Bubble but for the 19 buck difference between them and SqaureTrade I'd go with Bubble as they cover loss/theft.

Have you compared the Verizon plans? I am looking to add a warranty myself.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I think you only need the loss/damage type as opposed to the complete package which includes warranty defects as the phone already has a 1 year mfg warranty for defective type stuff, and remember many credit card purchases even double the manufacturer warranty up to 2 years.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Care, and Dumb Luck. It has served me well for decades. If I ever do experience a catastrophic event requiring me to replace my phone out of pocket, the money I've saved from not paying for insurance premiums will cover the cost. Yes, I realize that's a little flippant, but it isn't meant to be derogatory to anyone who pays for insurance. Nothing beats having insurance when you need it; that's the only time it becomes tangible.

On a more helpful note, since this topic has already come up before, you may wish to read this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...ht-what-best-phone-insurance.html#post4002254

It contains a post that reads, in part, that Motorola offers:
insurance on the 2014 X which is $85, covers you for 2 years against anything *but* a lost device. $39 deductible and a 3 claim maximum.

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you only need the loss/damage type as opposed to the complete package which includes warranty defects as the phone already has a 1 year mfg warranty for defective type stuff, and remember many credit card purchases even double the manufacturer warranty up to 2 years.

Its still $7.15/month for Loss/Theft Protection and $149 deductible.

I might have extended Warranty through my Chase Sapphire Card. I signed up for 2 year Edge Plan with Verizion and just paid my first bill with my Card. Does this qualify me or would I have had to buy the phone outright with Chase Card?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Probably not, it needs to actually be purchased and paid for on your card.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that Bubble doesn't cover loss/theft - at least I cannot find that they do on their site. THe first comparison graph would say so (as it does for carrier insurance). Given that, I'd go for Squaretrade.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance