which video format? nothing seems to work.

cebuhasher

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Samsung galaxy tab 4 10.1 tablet and I am having a very hard time transferring video files. I have installed VLC for android on the tablet as well. I have many movies in different digital formats. some are in mkv, some avi, some mp4. some of them I can watch without an issue but most will not play. I have download conversion software such as AVS, pavtube and other free converters. I have tried converting to mp4, avi, mkv, nothing seems to help with the videos that I cannot watch. what am I missing? I have tried to view them using VLC and the default / included video software on the tablet. nothing works.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are those videos protected? Also, I believe if they're DivX videos some have issues, but it should still work with VLC. MP4 is definitively the most common format for mobile, but VLC has codecs for a lot of formats, especially if you've tried converting the files.

Do the videos that won't play in your tablet play anywhere else, like your computer or another phone/tablet with VLC?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are they big videos? If not, you could try uploading a file that won't play on your phone to Drive and share the link (if you don't want to publicly, you can send me a private message with the link) and see if other devices play it. I can test in on a Note 4, G4, and Tab S if you'd like.

Mellamo

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
hi i have just recently bought the same model as yourself. when i took video with my Samsung camera i then put it onto my computer to watch it. After i then connected my tablet to the main computer. i waited for the tablet to be recognized and then open all files found the video file opened it and then opened the video on my computer copied and then pasted it straight into my tablet. disconnected tablet from computer and opened the video and it automatically played . i do have vlc on my computer but have not got it on my tablet hope that helps in any way

cebuhasher

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think I figured it out, it seems to be the micro sd card. you have to use a good brand name card. I was using l-cheapo card, switch to scandisk and it worked.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working! So probably your card was getting corrupt with the large files... I don't trust SD cards anymore haha. I'm sorry I didn't respond to you before, I've been traveling and have had a hard time getting a decent connection for long enough to download the large file (which, I assume, is not needed now?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen