White webpages and backgrounds have green tint ....

Tiffany85

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 3d a few days ago and came from a evo 4g i love the new phone and really think it has been an awesome upgrade but is it normal to have my whites especially webpages like google or forums like these to have a greenish tint in comparasion to my evo 4g ? I do notice it gets a tiny bit whiter if i increase the brightness to like above 60 percent, I normally use about 25 percent indoors. I am womdering if i have a bad screen or is that just how it is calibrated from htc? I also have a Photon that i added to my account to play with for thirty days to see if I like it better than the 3d , but i totally dont like the blueish glowing whites and text ....and it just doesnt do anything for me. I do more reading of webpages and books than anything on my phone so i really dig white whites if that doesnt sound weird. Anyone else notice this or do i have a poorly calibrated screen from the factory? Oh and keeping the photon isnt a option for me its display just reminds me of my old epic only with better resolution ...hence the reason moving to thd evo 4g than the 3d blah blah blah .....thanks for the help

Last edited:

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My photos I take outside in bright sun always have a blue tint to them. The camera(s) on this phone suck compared to my original EVO.

I haven't had any green tint to white web pages. I don't have a screen protector or a case that covers my screen (probably should), so sorry, not much help. My brightness is turned way down, probably 35% or maybe 40%.

Tiffany85

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Weird chances that i exchanged the first 3d with green camera pictures ...the one i have now has the green camera pictures....the display at sprint took greenish pictures with the sun blasting through the window....are there actually people that dont have the green pictures

Tiffany85

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well the experience in my opinion doesnt get any better with the Photon ...screen is just weird to me ...camera pictures are dull and hazy most of the time and gross blur or ghost blur whatever it is called is a disaster...just my opinion...oh i watched a netflix video of Full Metal Jacket and the uniforms especially on Pile just look bad ....as do skin tones just horrible. And will never forget the Sprint employee that told me "dis what you need man" handing me the Photon while i was complaining about green pictures from my htc.

Tiffany85

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh and tbis isnt intended as a Photon bashing not at all but wow rhe Photon just reminds me so so much of my old moto razr v9M the screen shape the plastic the plastic color the menus ...

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've read people have exchanged their 3VOs up to 3-4 times for the green camera issue.

:(

I feel fortunate that, despite the shoddy outdoor photos, overall my phone is behaving well, no dead pixels, etc.