Who doesn't try to conserve battery with the 2XL?

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
By that I mean just pretty much let everything rip.

For example my GPS, Bluetooth & NFC is on 24/7. I have two weather apps syncing every hour. I have a Family GPS tracking app going. Anti-virus with Norton going and anti-theft with Cerberus going always. I have push notifications on for a lot of news apps. I run Live Wallpapers sometimes.

I do use Tasker to turn wifi on and off depending upon location so I suppose I am trying a little bit to conserve battery. I do have a few things set to charging only like backing up photos and sms, or auto-updating apps.

And battery is still great. I find it refreshing to be able to harness the potential of a smartphone without nerfing features in the name of saving battery life.

What do you guys do with the 2XL and it's formidable battery life?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not a Pixel 2 XL owner (almost, cancelled my preorder) BUT I had a Pixel and a Pixel XL, plus just about every phone, WELL a LOT of phones anyways. And I decided a LONG time ago to get out of the battery watching game. I use my phone to it full potential I just charge early and often. I have cords EVERYWHERE! I have a charging hub at my office, cords at every house (mine, parents, shore house, etc), laptop bag, AND I have 2 portable charging backup batteries! Both my phones are plugged in to my charging hub (Quick Charge 2.0) as I type. ;)

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Me. I don't care, I just leave everything turned on and everything syncing. I want Bluetooth to automatically connect to my car, I'm not going to mess with constantly turning it on and off. Same thing with WiFi and GPS. I want everything available when I need it. I bought a smartphone, I'm not going to start disabling features to get a few extra minutes of battery life. If my battery gets low I'll just plug it in.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I charge overnight. I use my pixel 2 XL heavily during the day and never have think about battery conservation or charging the battery. There's always plenty of battery to spare at the end of the day.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I keep BT, wifi, and location on all day. I use Android Auto in my car, which charges the battery while I commute anyway, so I'm never low on battery. I keep a charger at my desk at work as well. I'd rather use all of the phone features and charge it whenever I go low, which almost never happens anyway, than worry about battery life all the time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't. I have GPS (high accuracy) on at all times, NFC, and all syncs for my Google account. I let the phone go and be "smart" -- I prefer it that way versus saving some battery... to me why save? For my use case I am never in desperate need for power. If I am home I can change, in the truck I can charge, and at work I can charge. At friends houses ... I can charge... so why save some % and make my phone less smart?

I am on LTE most of the day. I do use WiFi at home since my internet is insane but I could use LTE.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Why conserve the battery?
I upgraded from Nexus 6 and I had to plug it in most of the time.
Pixel 2 XL has a good battery. I play Pokemon Go for about an hour and when I am ready for bed, I still see my battery at 40-50%

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Now truth be told if I'm in a remote area, say camping or something like that and charging is JUST not practical or possible, THEN I might and have used battery saving features and turned off stuff when not in use. But this is a rare circumstance. :)

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't keep my WiFi, Bluetooth, or NFC on at all and I don't try to baby the battery. I swear, this device has just as good of battery life as my S8 Active.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi and GPS all on all of the time. I will turn WiFi off sometimes just to use data since I have an unlimited data plan. Most of the time I leave it on since I have WiFi at home and at work.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've stopped managing these things on my phones. I just leave them all on at all times. I've been very happy with the battery life of my Pixel 2 XL. It's always gotten me through a day. On my first gen Pixel XL, which I'd do the same, I had times the battery needed to be topped off.

Edit: there are times I turn off WiFi because I might have connected to a less than stellar WiFi and my cellular data is faster.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi and GPS all on all of the time. I will turn WiFi off sometimes just to use data since I have an unlimited data plan. Most of the time I leave it on since I have WiFi at home and at work.

I hate my work wifi.... Have to logon throughout the day

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I never, and I mean never, battery watch. If I am spending upwards of $1000 on anything I expect to be able to use it as intended. I am not afraid to plug in my phone for 20-30 minutes to add an extra 3-4 hours to my day. That being said I also use tasker mainly because if I am every commuting and trying to listen to music it bugs me to all ends when Wifi randomly connects to some hotspot it has no business being connected to.

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Had my 2XL for a little over a month now. No issues with battery getting through the day.

I leave bluetooth and wi-fi off unless I'm using it. Location is left on, at high accuracy, at all times.
Since I can get through the day with no battery issues, I just increased the level for the screen brightness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois