Who else is jumping ship?

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Been researching sprint quite a bit today...my time is up with Verizon, this is simply ridiculous. Go from one eighty (after taxes) a month for 4gigs+ unlimited on my line to one one sixty (probably the same ballpark) for four gigs?

was planning on up heading before the roll out to lock in unlimited for two years...but this...screw these thieves. "Sprint", don't walk, from Verizon...

What is everyone else here thinking? I just need to find a way out of the other two contracts, refuse to pay the etf.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Been researching sprint quite a bit today...my time is up with Verizon, this is simply ridiculous. Go from one eighty (after taxes) a month for 4gigs+ unlimited on my line to one one sixty (probably the same ballpark) for four gigs?

was planning on up heading before the roll out to lock in unlimited for two years...but this...screw these thieves. "Sprint", don't walk, from Verizon...

What is everyone else here thinking? I just need to find a way out of the other two contracts, refuse to pay the etf.

I agree. I use Verizon as well. But I wanted the LTE nexus badly lol.
Not sure if you're aware but the etf goes down 10$/month for Verizon. Best clause for you is prolly check and see where your other two lines stand at in their point of contract to determine the etf fee.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I would if any of the other carriers had relatively comparable service and 4G coverage. Right now, they don't, so thankfully this decision doesn't have to be made for quite some time :).

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
If they change your plan you signed on phones still under contract that is usually the loophole to get out of the contract.

I was a Verizon user for 3 phones before Android and after I went to Sprint and I'm staying despite my area having no 4G. I don't have to worry about a data cap and at least around Detroit I get great 3g service. Watch Netflix all the time and it might buffer a few times but it works great still.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If they change your plan you signed on phones still under contract that is usually the loophole to get out of the contract.

I was a Verizon user for 3 phones before Android and after I went to Sprint and I'm staying despite my area having no 4G. I don't have to worry about a data cap and at least around Detroit I get great 3g service. Watch Netflix all the time and it might buffer a few times but it works great still.

That's kind of what I'm thinking...I either have to a) pay retail for upgrade (I signed for new every two, not this), or change my contract to re-up. Seems to me they would have to let people walk sans etf...in any case, I will be leaving, can get the sprint plan with 1500 minutes and unlimited for one fifty before a corporate discount!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If they substantially change a material term of the contract, which this would undoubtedly be, it is their breach and I presume the early termination fee would be waived--at the least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm sticking with Big Red. When I have to move to the new share plan I will end up paying about $25.00/month. If my son moves to a smartphone it will go up another $10.00. So end the end it will be a wash for me, but I will have unlimited voice.

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Ive been researchin also and also talked to a rep and they said if i upgrade before the 28 i still lock in my unlimited if i want to keep my unlimited ill have to pay full retail i can upgrade but i currently pay over 200 a mo. Just for two lines and only use one now so idk if i should just jump to sprint and get one line and get the unlimited everything and pay half of what i pay or stay with vzw.... But im thinking im jumpin over to sprint just to save $

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I use Verizon as well. But I wanted the LTE nexus badly lol.
Not sure if you're aware but the etf goes down 10$/month for Verizon. Best clause for you is prolly check and see where your other two lines stand at in their point of contract to determine the etf fee.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

The 2year contract for basic phones are $175. If i already served 12 months, does this mean my etf is $55?

Please advise.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Too bad these new plans have nothing to do with changing plans on people who are under contract.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Im staying .my current plan is too sweet.

59.99 450 mins +UNL TEXTS
9.99 UNL DATA
69.99 PLUS TAXES AND FEES - 20%disc employee
Ill be buying either the galaxy 3 or the razor hd off contract and armor it with a bulletproof case. My next phone will have to last me 3 years

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Staying for now, I have unlimited, and the service in the areas I work in is the best.

I guest I'll save up for my next phone so I can keep my unlimited.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to weigh my options when it's time to upgrade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Staying for now, I have unlimited, and the service in the areas I work in is the best.

I guest I'll save up for my next phone so I can keep my unlimited.

Did they say that you can keep your plan if you buy a phone at full price? I thought I read you can buy a phone but they didnt mention repercussions.

It's easy for me. If I can buy a phone at full price and keep my unlimited data I am fine with that. If they force me to switch I will drop my data plan all together.

If I switch the value of the service goes down. Currently I am a 5-6GB user, nobody else has a smart phone on my plan. We have the 1400 minute plan that we never come close to touching.

I use 6gb and I get a 15% employee discount.

Paying for 1 smartphone, 2 regular phones, the discount and splitting the talk and text package into a 3/5 (I pay) - 2/5 split I pay around $129.57.

Under the new plan I would pay for two phones and a smart phone: 100 + 40.8(plus plan cost - $140.80. I lose at least $11.23 a month and gain nothing. If we crushed texts and phone usage I would be ok.

If I drop to 4GB of data my overal cost drops to $131.50 a month. So I spend an extra 1.93 and I lose more data and gain nothing.

If I want to "Pay for a new phone every two years and keep my data plan (If Verizon will even allow this to happen) I would have to save $25 a month for a $600 phone.

So I lose out by either having to watch my usage or pay more just so I can stream music, have an instant child entertainment at my fingertips or look at video clips with my buddies.

When I told my wife I was going to get rid of my cell phone she asked me what would happen if she needed to call me. I told her she could call the work landline or wait until I get home. She said "what if it's an emergency", I said leave me a note I will get it.

I do not trust Verizon to keep these plans in place long. They will either modify them because people leave or modify them to choke people more. I am waiting this one out until they force my hand.

bebeau25

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

If you leave you'll most likely regret it. I left Sprint. Their data is so slow you won't be able to watch anything without buffering and basic web browsing can get very annoying. Its your decision but I just wanted to let you know what my experience was. Go look at the Sprint forums before you make your decision. Good luck!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the new plans. I would rather pay full retail for a phone. There are safe and reputable sellers on eBay. I get a corporate discount. Not giving up my unlimited. Not an option. And who is to say the other carriers wont follow suit? Eventually I think they will.
No one beats Verizon's coverage. I don't like their greed but their coverage is the best. The grass is not greener on the other side. My phone is awesome. I can keep it for a long time.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Not me, while I'm grandfathered into an unlimited account the new shared data accounts won't hurt me. The GF and I are on a 2 line account and 12 days into the billing cycle I've use a little over 1 gb of data and she hasn't hit 1 mb yet. I can't remember a month where we've exceeded 4gb with the possible exception of the first month I had an LTE phone.

A 4 gb shared plan would save us $20 a month or so, get us unlimited calling, we both spend a lot of time on business voice calls, we typically hit around 1000+ minutes a month between us, and get us free hotspot and the ability to add a tablet in for another $10. And I expect by the end of Google IO we'll both be ordering tablets.

And we'll still be on the best network in Arizona where she gets coverage at her parents house in Prescott and I get coverage at all my client locations and my property outside of Show Low.

And I've tried Sprint. I was on Sprint when I first went into business but as soon as my business started to expand I had to go to VZ to get the coverage. And AT&T and T-Mo are about as good as Sprint around here. They're all fine if you stay in the Phoenix metro area, but get 20 or 30 miles outside of town and the game starts changing. Get 100 miles out of town and it's a whole different ballgame.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the new plans. I would rather pay full retail for a phone. There are safe and reputable sellers on eBay. I get a corporate discount. Not giving up my unlimited. Not an option. And who is to say the other carriers wont follow suit? Eventually I think they will.
No one beats Verizon's coverage. I don't like their greed but their coverage is the best. The grass is not greener on the other side. My phone is awesome. I can keep it for a long time.

This

I am locked into unlimited data and I will buy my phones at full price. I've done it before and I'll do it again so it's no big deal really. It gives me more reason to upgrade when I wish to rather than wait for the upgrade data. If I'm paying full retail anyways with no hope of a discount, maybe I'll upgrade sooner.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This

I am locked into unlimited data and I will buy my phones at full price. I've done it before and I'll do it again so it's no big deal really. It gives me more reason to upgrade when I wish to rather than wait for the upgrade data. If I'm paying full retail anyways with no hope of a discount, maybe I'll upgrade sooner.

Yeah, the first thing that went through my mind was freedom from upgrade dates. Knowing how I am, I'll be buying phones more often now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms Maharany