Who's Keeping and Who's Sending It Back?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am starting to lean towards sending the flip back. Having issue with the OS with screens freezing ans just general screw ups which I don't have on my s23 plus. I believe the OS should be the same but totally different.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I ended up selling mine on swappa and picking up the Fold5. Nothing wrong with the flip5 just wish it came in a bigger but "flip"form factor. I just found the screen too narrow and tall for daily usage and content consumption. It got kind of annoying. Hopefully next year they can come up a bigger flipping device call it the "Galaxy Flip Ultra"

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I ended up selling mine on swappa and picking up the Fold5. Nothing wrong with the flip5 just wish it came in a bigger but "flip"form factor. I just found the screen too narrow and tall for daily usage and content consumption. It got kind of annoying. Hopefully next year they can come up a bigger flipping device call it the "Galaxy Flip Ultra"
Actually that's my only real complaint as well... it needs to be wider. I'm fine with the height since it folds in half.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
They do make a phone that folds thats bigger, its called the Fold (smile). Personally I don't want any bigger. I think the Flip 5 is a perfect size.
I wouldn't mind if the inner screen was a little wider, but it is very obvious why it is as narrow as it is when it is closed.
. It's very stocky.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't mind if the inner screen was a little wider, but it is very obvious why it is as narrow as it is when it is closed.
. It's very stocky.
Yep the whole phone is about size, so it's geared to have the smallest possible footprint closed, while still having a mostly normal sized screen when opened. Samsung, like most manufacturers, scans the net for keywords, especially forums like these, so maybe they'll hear enough suggestions like making the screen a little wider to possibly do it down the road.

Honestly I don't think widening the screen a little would make much difference in the portability of the phone. The thickness and height seem to be the bigger factors there.

But that's just me talking about my pockets and how it fits in... I know others have different scenarios 😉

They'll do what the majority wants, and I'll be fine either way. I don't mind the current size at all 😃

I did try a fold in my pocket... what a brick! 😱
That is not an option for me lol.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep the whole phone is about size, so it's geared to have the smallest possible footprint closed, while still having a mostly normal sized screen when opened. Samsung, like most manufacturers, scans the net for keywords, especially forums like these, so maybe they'll hear enough suggestions like making the screen a little wider to possibly do it down the road.

Honestly I don't think widening the screen a little would make much difference in the portability of the phone. The thickness and height seem to be the bigger factors there.

But that's just me talking about my pockets and how it fits in... I know others have different scenarios

They'll do what the majority wants, and I'll be fine either way. I don't mind the current size at all

I did try a fold in my pocket... what a brick!
That is not an option for me lol.
Unfortunately the best thing about the flip5 is its size and portability... but with that comes compromise like battery life, cameras and a strange narrow aspect ratio. With those compromise I think people are better off just getting the cheaper S23.

The Flip5 is a fantastic phone that will find its place in the mid-range category, once its priced like one. Fortunately like many of us we didn't pay full retail so we like to review it like a budget phone. My opinion of the phone is based on the full $1,000 retail

Last edited:
Reactions: jlhiowa

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Would you say it's worth it to trade in my Pixel 7 pro for the Flip 5 to Verizon for a 36 month deal? It would be free.
I have two Pixel 6s. Although not quite the same but I was looking at the 7pro and the Flip 5. After getting the Flip5, I have zero buyer's remorse. Wouldn't dare get the 7Pro after the Flip. Love the Google and Samsung platforms but the Flip outdid the 7Pro in my eyes.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have two Pixel 6s. Although not quite the same but I was looking at the 7pro and the Flip 5. After getting the Flip5, I have zero buyer's remorse. Wouldn't dare get the 7Pro after the Flip. Love the Google and Samsung platforms but the Flip outdid the 7Pro in my eyes.
I actually prefer the Pixel software experience better, but because of the size of the Flip I've been using it exclusively for a while now, and my Pixel has been parked lol. Poor Pixel 😉

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I actually prefer the Pixel software experience better, but because of the size of the Flip I've been using it exclusively for a while now, and my Pixel has been parked lol. Poor Pixel 😉
Same here plus. I'm truly enjoying mine. My Pixel and N20U just sit these days. 🤣

Reactions: J Dubbs

jlhiowa

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Keeping my Flip5!

So far, I think the Flip is the only form factor I'm willing to give up my stylus for. Love the small size for storing and holding. We're outdoors a lot so I need something small and protected.

I'd never pre-ordered a phone (or even bought at launch), so not having a big selection of cases was a bit nerve-wracking 😅 Is it always that way?

Trade in deal for USA was amazing. I bought a used ~$200 Flip3 in December 2022. I'd never heard of the trade in deals but found out I could get $700 towards a Flip5, I feel so lucky!

Note5 -> Note8 -> Flip3 -> Flip5.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for almost 4 weeks - coming from a long line of Galaxy Notes (3-20 - missed one or two), followed by my most recent S22 Ultra! I love the form factor, the front screen features, etc., but can NOT get used to the camera (or lack thereof)! It's a camera, but after shooting with the later Note cameras and the S22 Ultra camera for almost 2 years, I'm kicking myself for trading it in! May have to look at the S24 Ultra after the first of the year when it it's out!

Attachments

• 20231030_180905.jpg
    20231030_180905.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: dakini03

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My only nitpick is how it doesn't seem to open all the way. Always seems to be just a tiny bit crooked when open.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej