Who's upset that the Note 4 did not include the theme store?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I respect everyone's opinion including yours. With that said the Theme store might be dumb to you but not to others there are alot of angry customers that are upset with this release. I been using Samsung devices since ICS and every update has included everything all the bells and whistles. So when Sammy finally release MM on this build I felt like they should have included everything. But at the end of the day we know why they did it buisness is buisness. To each it's own

I'm not saying it's "dumb" as in I think it's stupid. I'm saying "dumb" as in "inconsequential". I apologize for the poor choice of words. My point, is that Samsung could easily include a software feature like this, because it doesn't require any hardware to support it that the Note 4 doesn't already have.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Well, if all older devices got the same features as new ones, a lot less people would buy a new device. It's economics, plain and simple.

But wasn't the budget A lineup given the theme store with their update? If they can roll back for the A lineup then sure they can do it for their flagship note device.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
But wasn't the budget A lineup given the theme store with their update? If they can roll back for the A lineup then sure they can do it for their flagship note device.

If one upgrades both an older budget device and an older flagship device, the fact would remain that the older budget device would fall much shorter in value vs. the current flagship. Seems logical for the manufacturer to want to leave a gap in there to encourage flagship adopters to want to upgrade. On the budget side tossing a bone here or there keeps users interested as well.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems logical for the manufacturer to want to leave a gap in there to encourage flagship adopters to want to upgrade.
Manufacture's and carriers. I wouldn't be surprised just how much influence the carriers have on the manufactures. It's one big money making bonanza!

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
If one upgrades both an older budget device and an older flagship device, the fact would remain that the older budget device would fall much shorter in value vs. the current flagship. Seems logical for the manufacturer to want to leave a gap in there to encourage flagship adopters to want to upgrade. On the budget side tossing a bone here or there keeps users interested as well.

I would like the theme store but I wouldn't buy a new phone just because of it. I don't mind TW anyway. Most people just complain because they want it to be dull like iOS. :)

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying it's "dumb" as in I think it's stupid. I'm saying "dumb" as in "inconsequential". I apologize for the poor choice of words. My point, is that Samsung could easily include a software feature like this, because it doesn't require any hardware to support it that the Note 4 doesn't already have.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you my apologies. And you're right I agree 100% I can't believe Samsung can't just offer an update or even an app to download it. And the word is stupid no question about it. The Note 4 in today's standards is one hell of a device.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This. There's no reason to be upset over a silly theme store that changes your wallpaper and icons

no advertisements here.
There's every reason to be upset. The note 4 cost more than the Samsung 6 when it came out and was given the theme store. Not everybody wants to use a 3rd party launcher you know.
The only reason I could think of is that maybe the theme store can only run on a 64 byte software which the note 4 isn't. But even that makes little sense (am no developer so just spilling )

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This. There's no reason to be upset over a silly theme store that changes your wallpaper and icons

no advertisements here.

Yeah, it's not as if Android is liked by alot for its customisation options...

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Layer App (requires rooted device) to change the ugly a__ Marshmallow theme? I cannot believe Google/Samsung chose the white/turquoise theme as our own lyrics choice as well as the childish ovoid shapes. Call me square but at least lollipop and KitKat looked professional and adult. Kit Kat looking the best IMHO. Do they have a kindergarten class at Google as their focus group from color selection??? I found an article on Android. Wonderhowto.com that takes about the Runtime Resource Overlay (RRO) originally developed by Sony for the Xperia. It apparently is in Android 6.0 for us to change the themes to our own liking.

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I may finally root my Note 4 as I am guessing that 6.0 is the end of the line for the GN4. I would like to know if anyone had any luck with the Layer App before I make the leap.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Not exactly. You should learn the changes applying theme from theme store does. There's a reason folks here are asking for it.

Is it entirely possible to see it added in another version of Marshmallow or possibly N? The S4 eventually got the "full" Touchwiz of the Note 4 when it moved to Lollipop.

abhi997

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes I agree with you we should have theme options I'm also facing the same and I'm so angry with this. I'm having galaxy s5 and I was hoping that after upgrading to marshmallow I'll be able to see theme option but there was nothing like that and I tried installing the theme store app from the latest samsung phones and nothing happened. Really
upset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred