Why am I having so many issues getting Multimedia messages?

Von1000

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Issues with Getting Multimedia messages

Hello, I'm having an issue with my phone. A friend of mine had sent me a multimedia message, specifically a video, and I was presented with a gray button saying "Download." I clicked the button but was met with the message "Couldn't download message (No subject) from." When this occurred my Mobile data was on but Wi-Fi was off. I turned Wi-Fi on but the download still failed. I tried turning Mobile data off but that didn't work. I went to Settings then Apps then Messaging and hit "Clear Data." I also tried restarting my phone but the download still isn't downloading. Is there anything else I would be able to try? Also, the message size is 387KB so could it be that it's too big to download? Thanks.

aprilsunshine

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Issues with Getting Multimedia messages

I am having the exact same problem. After reading a lot of reviews, it seems this is a problem for a ton of people and Sharp is doing nothing to fix it. Guess it's time for a new phone. What a rip off. Never buying a Sharp again.

Maxine Shaw

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
*Exact* same problem. Bad enough I hate this phone with a passion, but this is just too much. What's the purpose of a smartphone if you can't get picture data?