Why am I stuck in a boot loop?

A

AC Question

Woke up this morning with my phone on the Locked Boot loader screen. No clue what happened for it to get there. Reads as such,

MEM_WL PVT SHIP S-ON

some other various information, and has August 17 2015 as the date. Today is 2/19/16.

I am unable to select any of the available options with my power button. I can only scroll through options with Volume Up and turn off my phone. I cannot select any option from the Fastboot, Recovery, ect. Menu.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You may need to consider reflashing a stock ROM. However, your carrier may have a way of doing that for you. HTC has some tools available on their own site, including stock ROM files.

Tangerinefox

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I've gotten the phone to Safe Mode by pressing and holding all 3 buttons for 15-20seconds. Phone restarts in Safe Mode. I proceeded to restart and it takes me back to the boot menu. I still cannot select options on the boot menu so I go back into Safe Mode. Do a reset of all data on the phone. Same problem. Didn't get me anywhere. I'll try downloading a new ROM and see what happens. However on HTC's website apparently one cannot download a new ROM for a verizon device so I've been forced to download their sync engine. Again I'll see how this goes

Tangerinefox

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Apparently you cannot download a new ROM on a Verizon device, but I downloaded the HTC sync program and did the repair feature to no avail. Went through the whole process "repairing" and then I am still stuck in a boot loader loop. I can get the phone into safe mode to make calls but I cannot access any third party apps due to 'safe mode'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte