Why are my Keys pressing without my command?

Sham Plum

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Keys pressing without my command. Annoying and embarrassing!!!!!

I love my htc one m8 but since I have received the phone 2 weeks ago there has been an error. For example, just today I tried typing a message to my mom and out of nowhere the x, s and z buttons just keep pressing. The phone will allow me to delete the letters sometimes and other times it will just freeze. It is very annoying. :(

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Keys pressing without my command. Annoying and embarrassing!!!!!

Does your phone happen to be plugged in whenever it happens? If so, are you using the charger that came with the phone? On rare occasions (I haven't had it happen on the M8, but on previous touchscreen phones) using a charger that's not intended to be used with that phone can cause issues with the touchscreen interface.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed this kind of behavior related to bad USB cables and even environmental conditions. The screen relies on the electrical signals in your fingers, much like a touch lamp does. So any source of Rove electrical "noise" could cause it. It shouldn't be too bad most of the time, but it's possible that something in the phone isn't connected right and interferes with it. With it happening a lot, I'd suspect that and see about a warranty claim.

Sham Plum

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

No it doesn't happen with the phone when it is plugged in. In most cases, it is not charging.

Sham Plum

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Hi I was also thinking of the noise as a factor. But, I changed my keyboard just to see if there will be any changes and it worked to some extend. It is not so frequently annoying as before. However, its just like a day or two since I have changed it. I am still playing around to see how different it is than the htc keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly