Why are my photos blurry?

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I purchased the P20 pro mainly for the camera, so I can take pictures of my daughter. However 2 week's after buying this phone I can't get a single photo of her that isn't blurry!

She is 1 so moving constantly but this was never a problem on my iPhone, it always managed to capture a clear image.

Is there any settings I should have on/off to help?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you run a camera app with an ISO setting, set it up as high as you can without getting noise. That will make the shutter faster, reducing blur from moving objects. (It's amazing how fast a 1 year old can move, isn't it?)

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
Bit of a pain having to run an app to take a quick photo though? There's no way to make the shutter faster on the camera as it is? So disappointed and upset I've spent this amount of money and so far been useless! :(

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Bit of a pain having to run an app to take a quick photo though? There's no way to make the shutter faster on the camera as it is? So disappointed and upset I've spent this amount of money and so far been useless! :(
In auto mode, the camera is calculating the image based on what some computer programmer thinks is the correct exposure. It doesn't know what your goal and ideal image should be. When it sees a dimly lit scene, it doesn't know if you are taking a still shot or action shot. That's why learning manual mode in either the stock app or a third party app can be so important. You know what you are trying to get out of the image, so you sometimes need to make those adjustments. If your app has the option, you may get away with using a sport mode, but not every app has that.

It takes some practice, but that's photography in general. You could have a $5,000 set of pro level gear and still take a bad photo if you leave everything in auto mode.

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I understand that, I'm not trying to get amazing images though. I just want to be able to snap a quick moment in time, she doesn't sit still to pose, she does something cute and I want to capture it. Everytime I do so though it's completely blurred. I'll try to attach an example of the kind of images I get! Don't understand what I am doing wrong. Can you recommend an app to try?

I have just never seen or encountered a problem like this before from a phone camera, maybe I should've stuck with the lower grade :(

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you try and enable moving picture button that's what it's suppose to do is take photos of moving options. The one that has a circle icon with a bunch of dots around it give that a drive I use that on my kids a lot cause they can't stand still lol

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
A0B45F31-7FE1-473C-AA53-E3CAFB35EB8A.jpeg

In this case the blur is caused by rather massive camera movement. Looks like you’re spinning the camera around in your hand.

Look at the area I outlined. That’s the ground and it’s all blurred because you’re moving the phone (Camera) all around when taking the photo.
Looks like you spun the phone around like on a merry go round or something.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 295184

In this case the blur is caused by rather massive camera movement. Looks like you’re spinning the camera around in your hand.

Look at the area I outlined. That’s the ground and it’s all blurred because you’re moving the phone (Camera) all around when taking the photo.
Looks like you spun the phone around like on a merry go round or something.
Good catch.

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the P20 pro mainly for the camera, so I can take pictures of my daughter. However 2 week's after buying this phone I can't get a single photo of her that isn't blurry!

She is 1 so moving constantly but this was never a problem on my iPhone, it always managed to capture a clear image.

Is there any settings I should have on/off to help?

Thanks!
Try that option.
a474ccbc42d7625cf8a920e418c297f1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali