Why are my pictures grainy when I send them to a friend ?

Ellinor William

Sep 13, 2023
Visit site
So I have Galaxy S23 and when I send a picture to my friend who has a iPhone the picture gets degraded/grainy quite a bit. Even when I view the picture afterwards of sending it within my my texting app it looks grainy also on my phone. By the way I'm using the stock google texting messaging app on my phone. Is there a way that I can adjust the the settings for how much the quality is reduced ? I understand it's for saving space/data but it's reducing the quality too much. When my she sends me a pictures from her end the pictures are much more crisp. Thanks
Some messaging apps, such as Google Photos and WhatsApp (as doc), allow you to send photos in high quality. The default Google texting messaging app does not, so you may want to try using a different app. Also, you can disable image compression by turning off the compressed images sent via messaging apps in settings under advanced features.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some messaging apps, such as Google Photos and WhatsApp (as doc), allow you to send photos in high quality. The default Google texting messaging app does not, so you may want to try using a different app. Also, you can disable image compression by turning off the compressed images sent via messaging apps in settings under advanced features.
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your input! I would just say that the Google Messages app can send high quality photos -- as long as RCS chat features are turned on, and you're chatting with someone else with RCS.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your input! I would just say that the Google Messages app can send high quality photos -- as long as RCS chat features are turned on, and you're chatting with someone else with RCS.
Most of the people I know use either Samsung or pixels so I know this to be true. Except for my wife who has an irrational attachment to textra.