Why can't I answer a phone call on my Galaxy S7 Edge by pressing on the green phone icon?

A

AC Question

why can't i answer a phone call on galaxy 7e by pressing on the green phone icon

Phone with incoming call I press the green phone icon and nothing happens

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: why can't i answer a phone call on galaxy 7e by pressing on the green phone icon

Try sliding it across the screen rather than pressing it.

MikeRotch76

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
That kind of begs the question though, is this a failure of the UI design? i.e. Is it totally obvious to someone who has never used Android or a Samsung device that sliding it to the middle is how you answer a phone? When I first saw my phone ring and tried to answer it, I tried pressing it too. Shouldn't one of the most basic functions of a telephone be totally intuitive and foolproof?

Reactions: Kizzy Catwoman

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know exactly what the S7's incoming call screen looks like, but most phones do have some sort of prompt to swipe in order to answer (like an arrow that might be dynamically highlighted).

KSBV

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: why can't i answer a phone call on galaxy 7e by pressing on the green phone icon

It does have a flashing series of arrows that point toward the center of the screen while ringing.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

You can make it so it's tap or slide as well as allow the home and screen off buttons to accept/end a call, respectively

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

You can make it so it's tap or slide as well as allow the home and screen off buttons to accept/end a call, respectively

How do you enable the tap to answer? I see the option to enable the home button to answer but don't see one to tap.

Thanks!

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings --> Accessibility and there's a setting called "Single Tap Mode". Enable that and you'll find answering much easier. It also helps with alarms.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Took me a while initally. But I came from Blackberry so it definitely took some getting used to sliding to answer.

cal60

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
@MikeRotch76 - couldn't agree more. I consider myself a technophile but trying to answer smartphones is anything but intuitive. To the point where although I love the apps I am thinking about going back to a button phone - green to answer , red to hang up and no screens jumping about when trying to answer. Methinks "the emperor has no clothes "

PeaceByJesus

Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
why can't i answer a phone call on galaxy 7e by pressing on the green phone icon

Phone with incoming call I press the green phone icon and nothing happens
Rather than trying to find this non-intuitive means somewhere in the manual, then as a vid by ITJungles explains,

on the home screen swipe down at the top and tap on the settings button. Then tap Accessibility + then tap on Interaction and dexterity, then tap on Assistant menu (I did not have to turn it on in my A53) + then tap on Replace swipe with single tap. After that when you receive an incoming call you should be able to answer the call with a single tab.