why cant I clear cache?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello

Your attempting to boot into your stock recovery I take it?

I believe the correct method is from a powered off state. Press and hold volume down+home+power button.

Sebastian234

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Did all of that and when the boot menue comes up an andorid is on its back with a red triangle coming out of its chest, and then when I clear cache it does the the same thing

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't attempted to modify the device, I'd take it in to AT&T or whoever you bought it from and get it replaced. The other option is to use Odin to reflash the firmware to your phone. Let us know which of those you're doing and we'll be helpful and supportive.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you install anything? I bet there's no recovery.

Flash a new kernel through Odin or mobile Odin and report back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others here. The only way you would lose having a stock recovery to boot into is if your attempted to root the device which in the process usually means installing a custom recovery. If something goes wrong in the process then the end result could be a corrupt/broken recovery.

Otherwise if you haven't done any of that then I'd be making a trip to my local AT&T store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

asdfasdfgasdfadfs

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the others here. The only way you would lose having a stock recovery to boot into is if your attempted to root the device which in the process usually means installing a custom recovery. If something goes wrong in the process then the end result could be a corrupt/broken recovery.

Otherwise if you haven't done any of that then I'd be making a trip to my local AT&T store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

I don't think the OP is losing the Boot to recovery, I believe they are able to get to recovery, but cannot successfully complete the Cache wipe. And I don't think the issue is with AT&T, as I have the same issue on Sprint (see my thread with others having the same issue http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ne-cache-partition-issue-does-happen-you.html )

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I am with TMobile and have never done anything to my phone and the other day I tried to clean the partition cache and after getting to that part, it said erasing and immediately a triangle appeared and said ERROR PROCEDURE CAN NOT BE DONE...or something to that effect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24