Why can't I type into Google Chrome web forms on my Galaxy Tab S3?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This is really weird. I've never had a problem with Google Chrome on my Galaxy Tab S3 until about a week ago. For some reason, 99% of the time, I can't now type into web forms. Sometimes it works fine, but mostly there is no cursor so I can't type. If I tap on the field it either does nothing or it places a curser somewhere over the field but won't let me type into it. It works fine in Incognito mode, but not normal mode. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it's doing the same thing. Works fine on my Galaxy S6 phone and laptop, it's just my tablet that's affected. Please help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I don't want you to think you're being ignored, but unless someone has had the same problem (and I almost never use my phone to fill out forms), someone would have to have your phone in his hand to see what the problem is.

(Try restarting into Safe Mode. If that fixes it, it's one of the apps you've installed. Then the problem becomes remembering which one you installed just before the problem started. Or back them all up with App Backup & Restore, uninstall them all [you'll lose the data, though, unless you root the phone and pay for Titanium Backup ], then restore them one by one, checking Chrome each time, until you find the one that causes it.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend