Why Can't I Use The Gestures On The Touch Screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello:
I am a blind Android user, and I am unable to use the touch screen. I don't understand why.
I have learnt the basic navigation gestures of Android, and the talkback gestures.
Most times, I accidentally touch an item I don't want to tap on, and it gets activated. I have to close the app, by touching the recent apps,.
How can I prevent this from happening: that is accidentally activating an app on the home screen.
Another problem is that when I open some apps, I don't get any feedback. When I touch the screen, I get no sound. In some cases, when i go up and down the screen, I hear the same item spoken. I find it difficult tapping on an item. When I find an item, and tap on the phone from anywhere, I always hear no menu item.
On some apps it is just blank.
Let me make this more practical. When I call the customer service line of a telephone service, and right in my ear, I hear for customer support press 1 for tarrif charges press 2 and so on and so forth, when I put my finger on the touch screen, to make a selection, I get no feedback. The screen is just blank.
and as I said earlier, when I attempt to activate an item, it doesn't get activated when I tap on the screen in opened apps.
Worst still, I cannot move through the apps on my phone. Apps are normally arranged in alphabetical order: all I can access are from A to C: I cannot move to the next page of the apps menu.
Does anyone understand this problems? this problems sound very odd to other blind users.
What am I not doing properly. Am I not holding the phone properly? I don't understand.
I use the one finger gesture, and I also use the two finger gesture, and the same things happen. I just don't understand how to swipe. Do I have to hit the phone slightly, before using my fingers?
Sighted users can use the phone very well, and talkback is working very well. I have the latest version of talkback installed. I use Android 6.01 marshmellow.
I use a Sammsung Galaxy Grand Prime plus SM532 phone.
Please what can I do.
I've almost forgotten to ask how I can conveniently use the onscreen keyboard to type text.
Thanks and kind regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d