Why do I stay with Verizon?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually switched from Verizon to ATT to get the One about 3 weeks ago. I was going to lose my unlimited data whenever I updated anyways so it was time to look around after 10+ years with Big Red.

. . . The phone is awesome as well.

There are ways to keep unlimited when you upgrade, if you are willing to do a little work

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I left AT&T the day Verizon got the iPhone and swore I would never go back. Lousy coverage and lots of dropped calls. Maybe they are better now but I don't really want to take a chance.
Verizon has much better overall coverage especially outside of major cities on highways and smaller towns which is important to me since I travel for work a lot and also do a lot of long distance bicycle events which are usually in more rural areas.
It's almost like they are trying to sabotage the HTC One by making people wait to along and introducing the S4, new Droid phones, and maybe even the Moto X first.
Carriers choose phones for many reasons like how much the phone costs them, how much bloatware can they put on it for additional revenues, warranty coverage and availability of new and replacement phones. I'm getting the feeling Verizon would not be getting the HTC One at all if it weren't for customer complaints. But they sure are rolling out everything new before the HTC One. They could have had it at the same time or before the S4. Maybe they don't consider HTC a good partner for some reason or reasons I dunno.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes verizon doesn't seem to be a big fan of HTC they only have 4 models available now for HTC , 6 for samsung, 4 for moto and all the other brands are low numbers then when you go to tablets they have 3 apple and 4 samsung this doesn't include recert ones and there is no moto, htc or other manufactures listed. It just seems that verizon is pushing samsung over the others!!!!!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes verizon doesn't seem to be a big fan of HTC they only have 4 models available now for HTC , 6 for samsung, 4 for moto and all the other brands are low numbers then when you go to tablets they have 3 apple and 4 samsung this doesn't include recert ones and there is no moto, htc or other manufactures listed. It just seems that verizon is pushing samsung over the others!!!!!!

Based on sales numbers, it seems like they're pushing HTC, Moto and the off brands disproportionately to demand. Otherwise with 4 HTC's you'd expect to see 1-2 Motorolas, 9-11 Samsung's and approximately 1 of everything else.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Based on sales numbers, it seems like they're pushing HTC, Moto and the off brands disproportionately to demand. Otherwise with 4 HTC's you'd expect to see 1-2 Motorolas, 9-11 Samsung's and approximately 1 of everything else.
pushing old HTC stock like the DNA or Incredible that is near EOL is not standing by the product you sell It's really getting ready to bring in the new. I still have a good working Thunderbolt and cant even get a battery from Verizon I tried when the phone was about 19-20 months old. The funny thing is my contract has been up for a while my upgrade was available in Nov. and Verizon has sent me at least 1 text message a week about upgrading to the DNA or the SG4!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23