Why do Samsung phones and other Android phones lose there value so fast compared to iPhones

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was having a heated discussion with a apple fan boy.. And I guess he won the argument that I phones work out cheaper in th elongated run as he sells his iPhone every year doesn't lose much and buys the latest iPhone. S7 users and other Android users would lose a lot more. Not to mention the backup restore everything ios has.. It's simple.
I hope android back ups get as good as the ios and support their phones longer and stop taking away features that made android better like Replaceable batteries, ir, hdmi support

Tachead7075

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
The user base of iPhones is just so much bigger, such that you get better selection of accessories, more 3rd party repairers, much greater parts availability.

Importantly, the local Apple Stores just make it so painless and quick in getting hardware support, like smashed screen, and faulty battery. Even a completely water damaged phone can be replaced in a couple of days at a reasonable cost. As already said, the iCloud or iTunes backup works so wonderfully to restore everything to exactly what it was before.
Lol, are you kidding? iPhone's user base is tiny. Android's user base is nearly 7 times larger then Apple's. Even just Samsung alone sells almost 2 times the phones that Apple does.

I think Android phones don't hold their value as well because of the competition. There is an almost constant flow of new models of phones being released from several different companies every year vs. the one or two phones that Apple releases a year.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol, are you kidding? iPhone's user base is tiny. Android's user base is nearly 7 times larger then Apple's. Even just Samsung alone sells almost 2 times the phones that Apple does.
Samsung may sell twice as many as Iphones but most of them are J and A series. If you compare S7 sales against iPhone 6s then it's probably twice as many if not more 6S sold compared to S7. So there is alot more demand for top end Iphones compared to top end androids. That's why they hold value longer.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I think Android phones don't hold their value as well because of the competition. There is an almost constant flow of new models of phones being released from several different companies every year vs. the one or two phones that Apple releases a year.
You need to think user base of each model, when it comes to accessories, parts availability and service support. Android fragmentation is a big factor why their phones devalue so quickly.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My S7 edge has gone down so much... As I was planning to sell it and use the money to an S8 plus. The iPhone still goes down but nowhere as much or as fast.. Why?

To put it truthfully, iPhone buyers are stupid. They'll pay anything, anytime for one. But also, your S7 EDGE should still command a very good price on ebay or swappa. Look at why apple was the world's most valuable company. (Google has overtaken it last time I looked) It cost way less to make an iPhone than it does many other devices. An iPhone battery costs about 80 cents. That's why Apple won't put a huge battery in their phones. Why spend the cost to make it better, when an iPhone buyer will spend another high price on a portable charging cord that they must carry around with them if they plan on using their precious iPhone all day. Our androids go all day on a single charge because android phone makers, for the most part, spend the extra money for a bugger, more powerful battery. So simply put Apple lovers are getting screwed.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
To put it truthfully, iPhone buyers are stupid. They'll pay anything, anytime for one. But also, your S7 EDGE should still command a very good price on ebay or swappa. Look at why apple was the world's most valuable company. (Google has overtaken it last time I looked) It cost way less to make an iPhone than it does many other devices. An iPhone battery costs about 80 cents. That's why Apple won't put a huge battery in their phones. Why spend the cost to make it better, when an iPhone buyer will spend another high price on a portable charging cord that they must carry around with them if they plan on using their precious iPhone all day. Our androids go all day on a single charge because android phone makers, for the most part, spend the extra money for a bugger, more powerful battery. So simply put Apple lovers are getting screwed.
Your information is outdated. The iPhone 7 plus a has much longer battery life compared to the S7 edge. It is from first hand experience as I have both, and agreed by others. The key is not just "a big battery", but how the OS controls and limits unnecessary power drain.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's unfortunate, of course. I think it has to do with the fact that there are so many different Android manufacturers and only one Apple "brand," so to speak. Also, Apple products are ready quite expensive from the get-go; so even if they do drop in price, chances are, they'll still have a hefty price tag.

And, as other users have said, many cell phone enthusiasts who love Apple will pay a pretty penny for iPhones and for the Apple logo.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Competition.

Android OEMs not only have to compete with other OEMs, they have to compete with newer models from their own lineup. So every few months, there's always something new available. Whereas Apple releases a new generation once a year.

Combine that with Apple's disdain for discounts and an ecosystem that tends to lock users in, it does wonders for resale.

pixiedroid

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
They market it as premium brand. Even their cheapest phone, the 5c, was still more expensive than most mid-tier Androids

It all boils to branding, and Apple eludes that "exclusive" club feeling.

And to be honest, Apple has great battery optimization. Their batteries are short of 2000mAh but they can rival Androids that sport 3000mAh

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Then there is the integration with other Apple branded accessories and devices.

I bought an Apple watch to go with my 6S+ this past week. The iPhone and watch or so tightly woven together in functionality and they compliment each other. I told Siri to take me to an address last night and the map displayed on my phone and began telling me to where to go. Instantly without needing to do anything, my watch began telling me the directions and vibrating on my wrist when I was close to a turn as well as showing how many feet till I had to turn. The attention to details in the way these things work together is amazing and I had no idea the watch would do that. I wish my Samsung Gear watch worked as tightly with my S7 Edge/Note 5 as my Apple watch does with my 6S+. I quit wearing my Gear watch after three months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank