Why do word doc file name changes while attaching it into gmail app from File manager?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi All,

I have been experiencing some unexpected behaviour in my Gmail app from long enough time. When I attach a word document (doc and/or docx) to my Gmail Android app, then the name of that document changes to some number on its own.
My observations so far:
- If I attach some other format files by selecting 'File Manager', lets say pdf, then their names don't change on their own.
- If I attach some doc/docx files from 'Downloads' section (that is the default location that Gmail app opens every time you click 'Attach file', then also the name doesn't get change on its own.

So, lets say I attach a file by selecting it from File Manager -> Documents, then the name will be changed and also the file type (blank/unidentified) and send the mail. Now, when the recipient opens the file, there will be no auto preview. So, the receiver will think that the file is corrupted.

I am not sure why it is happening. I have thoroughly checked my setting one by one, but nothing seems to co-relate to this behaviour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201