Why does my 6P pulse light when using Android Auto?

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
6P Pulse light when using Android Auto

I've had my 6P since Monday (with Project FI) and have loved it (so much better than my old HTC One M8).

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out and haven't cared for so far is how to turn off the white blinking of the pulse (notification) light when I have Android Auto connected while driving (with a AVH-4100NEX head unit).

Any ideas how to turn off the light while it's connected to Android Auto?

I tried using Light Flow and couldn't find a way for it to help with this problem.

bigmike09890

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: 6P Pulse light when using Android Auto

I'm waiting for my 6p but I have the same issue on my LG g4. Pretty annoying as it flashes different colors and I always think I have a new message.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

The light comes on because you get a notification when you plug in to AA. If your screen is locked, you can dismiss from the lock screen which should turn off the LED.

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that this afternoon.
I hope there is a way to disable this in the future. It seems kind of silly to have to disable it each time I plug my phone into my car.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that this afternoon.
I hope there is a way to disable this in the future. It seems kind of silly to have to disable it each time I plug my phone into my car.
you could try and use tasker to program that. in the past i have used tasker to enable GPS when i open maps and disable it when I close the app

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

you could try and use tasker to program that. in the past i have used tasker to enable GPS when i open maps and disable it when I close the app
IIRC Tasker can not dismiss notifications it did not instantiate (without root).

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
On my way home from work I tried to dismiss a notification from AA but there was none.
The only thing that would make the notification light turn off was turning the screen on.
Not what I was hoping to find.

Any other ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci