Why does my Galaxy s5 mess up after updates and how do I fix it???

naturedoc

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Every time my Samsung Galaxy s5 updates, the phone gets worse in terms of functionality. This last update was the worst. 1) I didn't have a choice in timing - it just started updating itself and I was unable to do a thing with the phone for a half hour. 2) Once it updated it created 2 sets of email folders for my account. 3) My email goes whites screen of death every 2nd or 3rd time I use it...requiring me to restart the phone or, in the best case, the app. At least a dozen times a day I receive a "email has stopped working" message. 3) I lost the sexy voice on my map function to have it replaced with a female version of Stephen Hawking and no matter what I try I can't change it. 4) Texting takes forever, and it blanks out more than half the time in the middle of a text.
HELP!!! This phone - once my favorite of all phones I have ever owned - is now a nightmare to use and a piece of crap!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it's the update that caused the problem, it's the carrier's responsibility to fix it. Bring it in to them.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Often times it's suggested to clear the system cache after updating and sometimes a full factory reset. Updates screwing up phones and removing wanted functionality is actually more common than you'd expect. About the only way to prevent it is root and make some system changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Successful_Lunch_216