Why does my phone only go into recovery mode?

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
phone only goes to recovery mode please help!!!!!!

i was trying to downgrade back to kitkat from lolipop so i flashed a Nk2_kernel.tar.md5 and now my phone will only go to recovery mode and nothing else why is this happening? please help!!!!!!!!!! i have a galaxy s5 sm-g900v

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: phone only goes to recovery mode please help!!!!!!

wait but i can still go onto download mode i just realized this yes good news should i try installing a stock rom?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

i was trying to downgrade back to kitkat from lolipop so i flashed a Nk2_kernel.tar.md5 and now my phone will only go to recovery mode and nothing else why is this happening? please help!!!!!!!!!! i have a galaxy s5 sm-g900v

Hello and welcome to Android Central aniq52!

As per the post, here...

If you are at present, running the latest Verizon OE1 firmware you will be unable to downgrade your firmware at all and particularly to Android 4.4.2, to root your phone thanks to Verizon's own new and unique bootloader. See, here.

It would appear that Verizon does not allow you to refuse an update... downgrade from an update or... want you to root their phones!

Thanks Verizon... welcome to, "the land of the free!"

Last edited:

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

OK thank you ironass but i still want to know why i cant turn on my phone i can only go onto recovery and download mode how can i fix this , its all because i flashed a nk2 kernal is my phone damaged?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Try downloading and flashing the OE1 firmware via Odin as it will contain the correct kernel.

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

and where can i download the OE1 firmware i know how to flash it i just need a link so i can download it.

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

i flashed the 5.0 firmware and I get this
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900VVRU1BOD5_G900VVZW1BOD5_G900VVRU1BOD5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Odin is failing to Auth!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do i fix this? i need to flash the OE1 firmware to get my phone working again!!!!!!!!!!

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

how do i fix the odin failing to auth now im panicking even more!!!!!!!!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

why is it failing to auth its the right kernal like you said

Try downloading and flashing the OE1 firmware via Odin as it will contain the correct kernel.

You are actually attempting to flash the old OD5 firmware which is an earlier, downgrade, from the OE1 that is locked down. Since Verizon, (also AT&T), firmware is not stock Samsung released but a, "clone", version, see #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, it is not immediately and readily available, if at all in the case of AT&T, on the usual Samsung download sites such as SamMobile or Samsung Live.

Can you post a link to the instructions you used to attempt your original downgrade in post #1.

EDIT
I have located the stock OE1 kernel. for your Verizon OE1 firmware. Hopefully, if you flash the .tar file in Odin, it will get you back up and running again. I make no guarantees and the decision is yours. You may, or may not, need to do either a cache partition wipe or a Factory Data reset as per #1.3 and #2.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide, after flashing,to get you up and running again.

VZW_BOE1_RETAIL_KERNEL_ONLY.tar.md5

Last edited:

aniq52

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

ok thanks i flashed the kernal and now my phone is up and running again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord