Why does my touch screen go crazy while charging?

leelauer

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
touch screen issues while charging

Just recently I started having a problem with my Nexus7 (2012) where the touch screen acts erratic, missed hits and random menu activation but only when the tablet is plugged in and charging. As soon as I remove power it acts fine.

Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: touch screen issues while charging

It could be a filter capacitor in the charging circuit going bad, a battery at end of life or the charging cable is too close to the screen (make sure it comes off the phone at right angles for at least 6").

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

If by chance you're not using the stock charger make sure its not too much more wattage than the stock charger. I experienced this same problem when I tried to use a non-stock charger of very high power output.

iresq

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

That's an issue normally associated with a cheap chargers introducing noise. Did you change chargers? Try another charger. My high amp charger does the same.

Drackon Lord

May 6, 2016
Visit site

I know that this is an older thread, but if someone have this problem and is searching for an answer: The lack of ground in the electrical supply (outlet, PC....) cause your screen to go crazy. If you lift your feet from the ground or touch a metal object your screen will be fine.

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I know that this is an older thread, but if someone have this problem and is searching for an answer: The lack of ground in the electrical supply (outlet, PC....) cause your screen to go crazy. If you lift your feet from the ground or touch a metal object your screen will be fine.
OMG Touching my foot to a metal worked

Nike Kosasih

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site

OMG.. it is crazy hack but its work! I just simply lift my feet from the ground and my screen is totally fine.. but if my feet back to the ground, the screen is going crazy again. I'm using samsung a5 btw. Thanks to you!

Echallita3

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

I will tell you once go buy a 2.0 charger. Becouse if you had a charger its usb is blue it means it is a fast charger but not for all phones some of them can't take that much so the screen start on double tapping ext.. i have a charger of 3.0 i tried it on my htc it made my touch bad i tried it on samsung it was good so not all phones are compatible with 3.0 or ext.. chargers it will damage your phone.

johnsnails

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
In my case (pun intended), it was because the case I had on was preventing the phone charger from being fully in. if I take of my case phone charges and screen/fingerprint reader all work as expected.