Why does the Data Connection in the Z3 let you see everything in your phone without any security?

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
why Data Connection in Z3 lets you see everything in your phone without any security?

As I used HTC One before, even if I plug in the data cable, it didn't allow me to access anything unless I unlock the device. But in Xperia Z3, as soon as I connect the data cable, it allows me to get into the device. Isn't it a safety concern with anyone with a data cable can access my photos, videos etc? is there any solution? thnks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why Data Connection in Z3 lets you see everything in your phone without any security?

Welcome to Android Central! What is your Z3's screen lock set to? When you connect the phone to your computer via USB and turn on the phone, do you see the lockscreen, or do you go straight to the homescreen? If the phone is still on the lockscreen (requiring a PIN or password, not just a swipe), can the computer still access all data on the phone?

Lbesze

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: why Data Connection in Z3 lets you see everything in your phone without any security?

If the USB connection is set to charge only, the computer won't even recognise it as MTP. But in any case assigning screen lock and or encryption might be in order if you worry so much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly