Why have I got network connection issues after a screen replacement on my Galaxy S7?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

UK resident here. I am with iD on a SIM-only deal which I had on a previous (unlocked) phone. I then bought an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 quite cheaply off ebay around a month or two ago. My SIM worked completely fine with the new phone, no issues.

Last week I dropped my phone and damaged the LCD, which started to stain purple/black. At first I was still able to use my phone, and during this time I can confirm the SIM was working as I was able to receive calls and use mobile data. By the next day the problem had spread to the point I was unable to even unlock my phone, so I went to get the display replaced locally.

I got the phone back today, but have been unable to get any network connection. The top left of the phone shows 'No network connection', when I go to 'Network Operators' in Settings and try to run a manual search I get 'Error while searching for networks' message appear. I've tried restarting my phone, taking the SIM out and then in again, starting the phone without the SIM then inserting it while on... I'm hesitant to do a factory reset but if it's likely that will solve the issue I'm willing to try it.

Has anyone got any ideas or heard of this happening before? Does it sound like a hardware issue caused by the repair shop?

I'd be very grateful if anyone gives me any pointers

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
If possible try the SIM in another unlocked phone or another sim in your phone. From your description it does sound like a fault due to the repair. Return to the repair shop and discuss the problem with them.