Why is a google account embedded in?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In short, a sales rep at MetroPCS placed a Google account on my phone when I purchased it brand new out the box and I didn't notice it at first when I went back to the store and ask why it was placed on the device he proceeded to tell me that it was my email address and it was not!! then he gave me the so-called password to it I tried the password it says incorrect password I demanded a new phone out the box one that I can place my own Gmail address on and he refused I ended up being stuck with this phone since April my phone has been hacked ever since I found in the phone where it said Google account under sites and permissions it said Google account "embedded in" when i clear and reset site settings it clears everything but the embedded in google account. Is this supposed to be there or am i on the right track? Factory reset does not get rid of the problem. I cannot get rid of it. my passwords constantly change and I end up being eventually locked out of my Google account and having to create a complete moving my photos are disappearing or becoming blacked out where I can't even see them and my files are being zipped and grayed out where I can't access them. my bank accounts have been compromised and he even paid his cell phone bill with my bank account I had to call MetroPCS and get a refund of that money but they refused to tell me which phone number it paid how do I rid myself of a Google account that is embedded in my phone so I can for once and for all relieve myself of this hacker. By the way the day that I got the phone I noticed in Google Play that it said my device was a uncertified device and that I should request a certified device from the manufacturer I contacted the manufacturer who it then told me to contact Metro PCS when I called customer service they agreed that I should get a brand new phone out of the box but when I went up to the store the same store where I purchase the phone the same sales rep refused to give me a brand new phone someone please I have LG Stylo 4 and I've not been able to enjoy this phone not one bit since day one and I want to just break it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Who did the initial setup for the phone -- you or the store? When you go to Settings>Accounts and look at that Google account, what's the email address associated with it?

I'm not sure why your passwords are "constantly changing" -- are you actually changing the passwords because you're afraid the Google account that you say was embedded in the phone is not really yours?

It's highly unlikely that this is due to a "hacker." There is probably a simpler explanation. Hopefully we can help you if you register and give us some of the details that I asked about: Join the Android Central Community! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Add your real email address as an additional Google account. Then delete the account he put on it. That will solve that problem.

Then write to:

Roger Linquist, CEO
MetroPCS
2250 Lakeside Blvd.
Richardson, TX

And explain what happened. (Just who the sales rep was, that he put a Google account on your phone when you bought it, that wasn't yours, gave you a password that didn't work, he refused to replace th phone, and that ever since your phone has been getting hacked.)

They don't take stuff like this lightly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams