Why is Google Play Music not showing song details?

A

AC Question

I have the Droid Turbo 2 and ever since I downloaded Android 7.0, Google Play Music has been really messing up. I have close to 1200 songs that I imported from my laptop onto my phone, and 53 of those songs will not display any of the file details. I'm very OCD about my music library so I make sure that every song has at least the title, artist, album, genre, year, and album artwork. I can see all of these details when I view the files on my laptop, but on my phone it will not show the details just for these 53 songs. If I tap the artist tab, they're all found at the very bottom under "Unknown artist". What's very peculiar is that a lot of the songs are by the same artists and albums. For example, Californication and Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chili Peppers from their album "Californication" are both found under "Unknown artist" and show no file details. In addition, the album "Californication" can't be found when I tap on the albums tab in Google Play Music. What's even weirder is that some of their other songs like Dani California and Snow from their album "Stadium Arcadium" show all the file details.

I tested whether this is a file issue or a Google Play issue by downloading a different music playing app from the Play Store called Neutron Music Player, and it is indeed a Google Play issue. The song details are all visible in Neutron Music Player but are not visible in Google Play Music. If anyone knows what i causing this problem please let me know because I really like the simplicity of Google Play Music and would hate to switch to another player.