Why is my Android TV box draining my interent speed?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My interenet speed is 30 mbps until I turn on my H96 Pro+ Android Box and it's connected with ethernet cable and then it drops to 4 mbps for the whole network/all devices. The speed goes back up to 30 mbps when the Android box is powered off.
Any help would be grately appreciated - Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My interenet speed is 30 mbps until I turn on my H96 Pro+ Android Box and it's connected with ethernet cable and then it drops to 4 mbps for the whole network/all devices. The speed goes back up to 30 mbps when the Android box is powered off.
Any help would be grately appreciated - Thanks
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you .
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Haid

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks
Hi thanks for registering!
If you can stay in the thread you open to avoid duplicate post , I'll provide a link thanks
[link not needed]

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To simplify things, I merged your duplicate threads.

What's the brand and model of your router? Look at its manual to see how to log into its settings, and make sure QoS (Quality of Service) is turned off.

videostorm

Jul 31, 2019
Visit site
The box is probably just loading something which is using up your bandwidth. Close all the background apps and disable OS updates.

Also make sure to close the browser app (not just background it). Some boxes have issues that allow the browser to keep streaming video ads in the background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware