Why is my GMail/Google profile pic not showing in GMail 5.0?

nakeddesign

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
OK, here's a recent discovery I made.

An almost instantaneous way to update your Google account DP is to launch Hangouts, switch to the account in question, go to settings and change your DP from there. If the account needs to upgrade to Google+, it will be done at this time.

This method worked for me on 2 of my Google accounts, which previously had no DP.

Posted via the Android Central App

Worked for me :)

arikb19

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
In order to show your picture on the notification line, you have to set a picture for your smartphone user ME. Go to contacts and it should be the first one in the list. It worked for me.

tmaier

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I know I'm digging this old post for a good reason - I thought it may be more appropriate than write a new one. I managed to get the profile picture show through doing Hangouts profile picture change however the cover photo still won't update and I am stuck with the default one - anyone found a solution? Seems that Play Store is the only place where this gets updated. Keep, Calendar, Inbox - all won't push the cover photo to navigation drawer. I'm on OPX 5.1.1. I cleared cash, restarted, updated through G+ app - still nothing...

micl9

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This is yet another annoying Google bug that will probably never get fixed (still waiting on combined contacts - using contacts separater app).
Gmail and Hangouts don't pick up my second email picture, Google+ and Play Store do. And by the way I am on a G3 running CM13

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe