Why my Android is having problems with wifi?

HritwRaje

May 20, 2015
Visit site
My Android (Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 android v4.3) has recently started to bug me off. The home router shows 'out of range' once in a while. When connected, it randomly disconnects from the wifi router! I have tried all apps like wifi repair but to no avail! I always have to restart my device; though it is too tedious and time consuming. I have checked the channel of my router. Their are no neighbours interfering with it. I have checked the internet for solutions earlier but all in vain.. Please help me! This is really messing it all up!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ensure under wifi settings (usually under "Advanced") that you have it set to keep wifi on during sleep. It could be set to disconnect once the phone sleeps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, when it disconnects or shows out of range, put the phone on the router without changing anything and see if it suddenly "finds" the router. If that happens, you have an intermittent wifi antenna connection in the phone. Fixing it is usually about 2 minutes' work, but taking the phone apart and putting it back togther takes longer, so it's going to cost a little. (It's not like having a screen replaced, but it's probably not "give the tech a few bucks" either.)

HritwRaje

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have ensured the 'sleep' option. There are no good repairman near my place. Most just open the device, crack it's body, destroy the vibration hardware and reassemble it. Can it be done by me, myself? Also, are their any other methods (apart from those in the question and those mentioned in the answer)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny