Why so hard to move a photo between albums?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, maybe I am missing something easy. Someone sent me a photo via text that I want to put in my "Camera" folder/album with all of my other saved photos. In the text, the only option when you select the picture is to "Save to Gallery." When I do this, a new album is created called "VZW Pics." All I want to do is move the photo from VZW Pics and put it in my camera folder. In the "Photos" app there is no option anywhere to move a photo.

So, I figured I had a workaround by connecting via USB to my PC. I can see the files on my PC and thought it would be simple to drag the photo to the album I wanted, but no dice. When you try to drag the photo, or even copy and paste, a message just says "Pixel busy, please wait." It never finished. It shouldn't be that hard to do this. What am I missing?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but try this. Tap on the 3 dot overflow menu at the top right. Then tap on Add to album.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-28-21-28-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-28-21-28-57.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 36

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't work for me. When I select the picture in the VZW Pics album and tap the 3 dots and select Add to album, all I get is an option to create a new album. I don't want to create a new album, I want to move the photo from the VZW Pics folder to the Camera folder.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I see a VZW Pics folder, but no Camera folder. I'd like to be able to duplicate what you're doing, but I can't.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The Camera folder is the default folder for photos taken by the phone's camera. I have that folder automatically backed up to my Microsoft OneDrive. I want to move the photo from the VZW Pics folder to Camera so it will be automatically backed up.....but no option to do so in the Photo app or via PC connection.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I finally found a way to move it. Hooked it back up to the PC via USB. Moved the picture I wanted in the VZW Pics folder to my PC desktop, then clicked and dragged the picture into the default Camera folder, where it immediately synced with my cloud storage. Just strange why the Pixels photo app doesn't simply let you drag or move photos around to various folders.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Ever consider using Google Photos to manage your photos? I save photos from my text messages then I use Google Photos to create Albums etc and manage my photos which auto back up to Google Photos on the Cloud.. Best Part since I'm a Pixel owner I get to save full resolution videos and pictures. :)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Verizon variant but if there is a share menu in whatever messaging app you are using then perhaps an app like Solid Explorer (or any other file manager that has a similar share receiver capability) would work for you. From within the Messenger app on my stock Google variant I'm able to hit the share button while viewing a photo from a n MMS message and select the Solid Explorer save to device option and select a folder to save the photo to.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I finally found a way to move it. Hooked it back up to the PC via USB. Moved the picture I wanted in the VZW Pics folder to my PC desktop, then clicked and dragged the picture into the default Camera folder, where it immediately synced with my cloud storage. Just strange why the Pixels photo app doesn't simply let you drag or move photos around to various folders.

Is VZW Pics a preloaded Verizon app? If so, disable that nonsense and use Google Photos to manage your pics.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not an app. When you save a photo from the Verizon messaging app to your device it just automatically creates a VZW Pics album for that photo. No option to put it anywhere else.

Ddideemom8

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
If you are using the Google photo app, you are right, you can not move a pic saved from text to the default camera app. But you can choose to automatically backup any or all of the album's you make.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not an app. When you save a photo from the Verizon messaging app to your device it just automatically creates a VZW Pics album for that photo. No option to put it anywhere else.
Is saving the only option afforded to you from the Verizon messaging app? Stock Google messenger application allows sharing photos received in texts to other applications, thus the recommendation

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, save to gallery is the only option besides forwarding to another recipient or deleting. Would be nice if they gave you an option as to where you wanted it saved.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In google photos, how can I tell which photos have been backed up? I used to be able to see a little cloud on the top right but now I don't see it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83