Why won't my auto sleep/wake function not working on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E?

BJStyles12

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet. I then purchased a Samsung OEM Book Cover case with the auto sleep/wake funtion for my tablet which arrived today. However, after attaching the tablet to the case, the sleep/wake function does not work. Please help me to get this function working on this tablet. I didn't have a problem with this function with my Samsung Tab S or Tab S2 tablets.

Thank you so much. mmm

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it an original accessory or a 3rd party? Also, check if your tablet has the auto-wake setting turned off (I remember the Note 10.1 had that option, but on the Tab S3 it's a little different and it's called 'Automatic Unlock').

BJStyles12

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
It is an original Samsung accessory. I have checked every function possible for a specific auto-wake setting, but not sure if I am in the wrong section or just overlooking the actual wording or something. I am so frustrated, because I really want this function to work when I am using my tablet and tablet cover. On my Tab S and Tab S2 tablets the function is under the "Accessories" tab under the Book Cover section where I can check the box that says "Automatic unlock" also like you mentioned about your Tab S3. Please help more if you have a solution for me. Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This might sound weird, but are you sure the Tab E has an auto-unlock function? Try getting a soft magnet and running it over the edges of the tablet. If it has a spot, it should work somewhere. But not too strong or you might interfere with the display and actually cause damage if too strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC