Why won't my camera open?

A

AC Question

My camera on my Zte Sync says camera has been disabled because of security policies or being used by other apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some other app with Camera permissions is probably interfering. Look through your installed apps for ones that have Camera permissions. This can also include apps that use the camera LED flash as a flashlight, as well as apps that use the microphone (like voice command apps). Uninstall those apps one by one (or Force Stop them in the Settings>Apps ​menu), and see when you can open the Camera again.

Samsung Troubles

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S6. It started two days ago. I've gone through each of the apps, as you suggested, force quitting or uninstalling those with camera permissions. I also uninstalled the most recently installed apps, just in case. Nothing is working. Please help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S6. It started two days ago. I've gone through each of the apps, as you suggested, force quitting or uninstalling those with camera permissions. I also uninstalled the most recently installed apps, just in case. Nothing is working. Please help.

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried a different camera application?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude