Question Why won't my moto g pure phone send me verification codes for things?

ItsJustAPerson

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
I have a moto g pure phone and for some reason I'm not properly get ways of being verifying my accounts

I forgot both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts and neither will send me a verification code to recover my email despite my gmail being linked to my account to the point where they are able to send me emails about stuff and when I try to log into my google account despite me having created it in a modded version of youtube when I try to verify it.

It doesn't send me the verification system required to do it even though I used my regular phone to make it, what should I do here? is it an issue with my phone or?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to myaccount.google.com on your computer browser, then Security>How You Sign Into Google, and make sure your phone is listed there.

Keep in mind that "modded" versions of YouTube violate the terms of service (because they typically try to bypass payment restrictions), which might be part of the reason you're having trouble.

ItsJustAPerson

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to myaccount.google.com on your computer browser, then Security>How You Sign Into Google, and make sure your phone is listed there.

Keep in mind that "modded" versions of YouTube violate the terms of service (because they typically try to bypass payment restrictions), which might be part of the reason you're having trouble.
My phone is listed there but I don't see how this makes much of a difference and I also doubt that an account created through google but technically through there could cause that issues. What about the issue with yahoo as well?

ItsJustAPerson

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
Do you mean your phone number is listed as one of the 2-step authentication methods, or as a Recovery Phone number? This would absolutely make a difference, because if your phone number isn't listed, then you won't receive SMS messages with verification codes.

For Yahoo, have you tried this page? https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?authMechanism=secondary&done=https://www.yahoo.com/&sessionIndex=QQ--
I was referring to my gmail account, my gmail account is linked to my yahoo account yet I can't get a verification code via there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Still a bit confused, sorry. You're trying to regain access to your Yahoo account? Or to both Yahoo and Google accounts, but you forgot your passwords for both, and each account uses the other as a recovery? If you didn't set up any other alternative means of recovery, you might be stuck in a vicious cycle.:(