Why won't my mp3 list on my microSD card refresh on my Galaxy S8 plus?

zman1968

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
I recently added and removed the mp3s on my microSD card, however, my local music list won't refresh on any of my audio players. It's somehow cached and I don't know how to refresh it. I cleared all cache for all music players, all Google apps, unmounted and removed/reinstalled the microSD card, and wiped cache partition on my phone. No luck. The old music list still exists. I'm scratching my head and would appreciate any assistance.

Last edited:

zman1968

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I did. My original player was Google Play Music. I uninstalled it and began using its replacement, YouTube Music. I also uninstalled the player and reinstalled it twice, deleted cache and data. For some bizarre reason, I still get the old list. Thanks for your question.

I think for grins, I am going to delete the data for everything Google on my phone. Just don't know if something is linked in the background.

Last edited:

zman1968

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
I figured it out for Android OS Pie. Here are the steps to "refresh" your mp3 list in your microSD card (ie portable storage):

1- Go into Settings, Apps, Show System Apps (in the upper right menu)
2- Scroll down and tap Media Storage App, then tap Clear Data
3- Go back to app list, scroll down and tap YouTube Music (or your favorite music app) and tap Storage, Clear Data
4- Go back to Settings, Device Care, Storage, SD Card, Storage Settings (upper right menu), Tap on SD Card under Portable Storage, tap unmount to "disconnect" your microSD card
5- Reboot Phone (very important)
6- Go back into your music app, start fresh and it will search your library for mp3s

Note: When you reboot, your OS should automatically remount your microSD card. In the event it doesn't, repeat step 4 above and click mount to "reconnect" your card.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter