Wi-fi automatically turning itself on on HTC One M7 even though i turn it off

shadowmere813

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have had a HTC One M7 (unlocked AT&T) for two months now. Suddenly yesterday it decides to turn the wifi on everywhere i go when it never did that before. I thought I was losing my mind and forgetting to turn it off the first 6 or 7 times it turned itself on. Very annoying. I have tried to go into settings but that doesn't seem to work. I much prefer to be the one to decide when to turn the wifi on or off. This is ridiculous. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know if you found a solution

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it's an app with WiFi permission, because you said you've checked the settings, which makes me assume that you've unchecked the notify me when WiFi is available. Which gives me a feeling that it's either a new app or an updated permission for an app.

GL

shadowmere813

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I was suspecting a new app causing this as well VidJunky. I recently downloaded Yahoo Screen I think it's called. I will look into that to see what the settings indicate. As far as advanced settings in the wifi feature I turned everything off.

Posted via Android Central App

bule08

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this on my HTC one is I decided to look into my app running processes and found it to be an HTC program I forget the name but it's part of the HTC SYNC Manager go under your apps disable that and you should no longer have the problem

CactusUnderKilt

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Spent the past week dealing with the same problem. found the culprit on my phone to be Xfinity WiFi app. by default it's set to turn on WiFi when you are close to an xfinity hotspot. but even with that feature disabled, it adds every xfinity hotspot to your list of WiFi connections. I had to delete the app and then "forget" the hotspots each time they pop up. so far I've seen two different names.. "xfinitywifi" and "cablewifi". hope this helps.

PandorasFlames

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Spent the past week dealing with the same problem. found the culprit on my phone to be Xfinity WiFi app. by default it's set to turn on WiFi when you are close to an xfinity hotspot. but even with that feature disabled, it adds every xfinity hotspot to your list of WiFi connections. I had to delete the app and then "forget" the hotspots each time they pop up. so far I've seen two different names.. "xfinitywifi" and "cablewifi". hope this helps.

Thank you so much. This seems to have helped me with MY problem - of shutting off my mobile hotspot randomly.

Last edited:

Turjo Sporso

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I am also suffering by the problem of automatic turn on Wifi in my HTC ONE M7 Mobile. How i can fix the problem..Please send me the feedback to overcome the problem...

Thanks....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia