"Wi-Fi Connection Failure" after Marshmallow update

Albatross8

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? Home wi-fi worked with no problems before the update. Tried power cycling the phone and the router to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions? The wi-fi options are extremely limited it seems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You might try forgetting the connection and starting from scratch.
If memory serves me correct long press on the connection on your phone and then select delete.

Albatross8

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
You might try forgetting the connection and starting from scratch.
If memory serves me correct long press on the connection on your phone and then select delete.

Yeahhh I tried that. It's strange that it worked before the update then voila, stopped the second the update was complete.

shibbitts

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Yep same issue with my sons M8. He just updated it yesterday (normally does not bother with the updates) and now it wont connect to the main wifi connection in the house, even though it connects to the 2nd link connection!

Any one out there with a solution that works? Thanks

Chris Rigatoni

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded the HTC One M8 over the weekend and can now no longer connect to my home wifi network either. It can connect to other networks. My tablet and laptop can still connect to the home network. I've been on tech support for ATT, Verizon, and HTC for several hours now over the last couple of days. I've toggled wifi on and off, cleared caches, rebooted in safe mode, and finally reset the factory settings all with zero success. Any advise would be appreciated. Just about ready to throw this phone out the window and get a Samsung.

DOUBLED 13

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have been getting these wi fi problems since I downloaded Marshmallow 6.0.1
I have spent countless hours on this problem.. Backed up my data from my Note 5 to my laptop then factory reset with new download of Marshmallow then setting everything back to the spots they were (icons) then had to redo the Samsung Pay. All this was a pain in the a**
Then wi fi worked for a few days. Then back to connecting to wi fi when the phone wanted to.
I called Samsung Support several times with no help at all. they wanted me to reset my Note5 back to factory settings and I said no I would not do that because I had already done that. I told each one I spoke with I was surprised they didn't know about this problem. Then the last call I made I asked the tech support person to forward me to a higher Tier level support. I was on hold for one hour and 55 minutes. Now while I was on hold I contacted Samsung Chat support and typed back and forth for 1hour & 55 minutes. That still didn't solve anything even after being transferred to a Supervisor. THIS WAS NO HELP AT ALL.They knew nothing about this problem.
Next day I called Verizon tech support and got this really nice guy and I explained the wi fi problem not connecting to my Note 5. This guy knew about the problem and told me some software company was working on a patch to fix this wi fi connecting problem caused by Marshmallow 6.0.1. HURRAH. SOMEONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.
The nice Verizon support guy is to call me tomorrow (Tuesday March 22,2016) and let me know what he was able to find out about the PATCH that should fix this wi fi connection problem with the Marshmallow operating system. YEA!!!

gg_man

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

Have you guys rooted your M8?
My unrooted M8 works fine in Wi-Fi connection on Marshmallow (Android 6.0).
Here are some workarounds for you to try:
1. Reboot your device;
2. Reboot your Wi-Fi Router;
3. Reset your Wi-Fi Router.

If the above fail, maybe you need to provide more information for other M8 users to check whether they were fine or not.
For examples,
1. The software numbers;
2. The carrier of the device;
3. The brand, firmware version and the security type of your Wi-Fi Router.

Hope the above help and wish you good luck. :)

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's a huge issue on Marshmallow

Try these possible solutions:

Disable ipv6 on your router
Reset network connections on your phone
Reboot your router
Clear cache partition on your phone
LAST RESORT: factory reset your phone

Good luck and hope this helps.

Forum statistics