Wi-Fi signal is maxed but i cant connect...why?

Mike Rickli

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Motorola droid RAZR. I only use this as my little PC, web surfing, apps, junk like that. I have no service I.e Verizon, At&t...etc. My router is a Lynxsus Ea3500 Dual band. My problem is when I turn my WiFi on, the signal strength (blue bars) is full/ maxed but I can't search the internet or watch twitch or anything that involves a connection. If I have 3 bars then I can do things fine. I'm not sure what to do or what I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. And by no service I mean no cell service.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It probably won't help, but make sure the wifi encryption in the router is AES, NOT TKIP or TKIP+AES. then forget the connection in th phone and create a new one.

I ended up putting my Linksys on the shelf (they don't seem to care that there's a problem with newer versions of Android and their routers) and bought a Netgear N300 for $40. That solved the problem. Linksys was my "go to" wireless router since they came out with a wireless router (it cost me money to have to return to a client's site because a cheap router wasn't working). Not any more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma