WiFi Issue

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
This is beyond frustrating ... Been up since 6AM and it's now just after 11AM and it's happened like 4 times already. Going to try resetting network settings.
I think that's a great idea I have fixed plenty a connection issue with the reset of the network settings prior troubleshooting on previous phones

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
This is beyond frustrating ... Been up since 6AM and it's now just after 11AM and it's happened like 4 times already. Going to try resetting network settings.

I'm thinking this lack of a third option may have something to do with T-Mobile and the plan you're on. If you have limited data this option might be hidden. My Verizon plan is unlimited everything. TMO might also hide this option to lessen network congestion.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think that's a great idea I have fixed plenty a connection issue with the reset of the network settings prior troubleshooting on previous phones
Yeah, I was reluctant to do it out of pure laziness LOL Didn't want to setup my watch again and repair all my devices, but I had no choice at this point.
Also thinking is your Wi-Fi calling on?
I have it off. Never been a fan of WiFi calling

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, I was reluctant to do it out of pure laziness LOL Didn't want to setup my watch again and repair all my devices, but I had no choice at this point. I have it off. Never been a fan of WiFi calling
Well now we're going to really find out if you have the issue and I would think about turning that Wi-Fi calling on. I think it's great to tbh

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a 4XL running A 12 and I have that screen, running currently on Tracfone (off Verizon towers).
I went to settings and did a search for Network Preferences and it took me to the option, I clicked on it and this screen appeared.

AHDgxhm.jpg

Nightmeare

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel 5 (receiving my 6 either this Monday or Tuesday) and I am getting the same issue. I have not been able to get my phone to "provide internet" from my wifi all day. I tested it with my desktop and it works like normal, so I have no idea what is causing this incredibly annoying bug. I also do not have the Switch to mobile data automatically setting visible. Hopefully someone figures out how to resolve this soon :)

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel 5 (receiving my 6 either this Monday or Tuesday) and I am getting the same issue. I have not been able to get my phone to "provide internet" from my wifi all day. I tested it with my desktop and it works like normal, so I have no idea what is causing this incredibly annoying bug. I also do not have the Switch to mobile data automatically setting visible. Hopefully someone figures out how to resolve this soon :)
So, hopefully I won't jinx myself, but so far so good after the network reset. Right after I did the reset I also turned off 5G ... Not sure if that has anything to do with the wifi issue, but the reset and turning it off are the only changes I've made. If I continue to be issue free I'll turn 5G back on and see how that goes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried rebooting your router? Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or only your home network?

Nightmeare

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
On my end, I have not yet tried rebooting my router, but my roommate who has a Pixel 3a with android 11 does not have the issue. I also went to a friend's house today and my phone was able to use their wifi without a problem (I did connect to the 2.4ghz band and at home I have a 5ghz). I'm just nervous that my pixel 6 will do this too.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Could the problem be your router?
Have you already tried rebooting your router? Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or only your home network?
On my end, I have not yet tried rebooting my router, but my roommate who has a Pixel 3a with android 11 does not have the issue. I also went to a friend's house today and my phone was able to use their wifi without a problem (I did connect to the 2.4ghz band and at home I have a 5ghz). I'm just nervous that my pixel 6 will do this too.
Not sure if it's my router or not as this is the only device in my house with an issue, but I plan on messing with my router today. Will start with a reboot and go from there.

Haven't been anywhere else on WiFi for a prolonged period of time, so not sure if it happens on other networks.

It's odd because my 6 Pro will be fine on my home WiFi for hours and then I'll just randomly pickup my phone and see it's on LTE. Disconnect from the WiFi, reconnect and be fine again for hours.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Messed with my router settings with no luck. So, I went out and bought a new router and have been issue free since. Set up the new router around 6PM last night and all good ... Woke up this morning and WiFi was still connected! Something that hasn't happened before.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Messed with my router settings with no luck. So, I went out and bought a new router and have been issue free since. Set up the new router around 6PM last night and all good ... Woke up this morning and WiFi was still connected! Something that hasn't happened before.
Clearly was a router issue after all. Glad you solved it.