Wifi speed needs for Chromecast with Remote and Google TV

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So I am wondering if anyone knows ins and outs of what the new chromecast with google tv needs speed wise compared with old chromecasts.

I have 3 tv's which all had either 1st or 2nd gen chromecasts that worked just fine. I upgraded all three with the new chromecast about a week ago. Two work just fine but one seems to have constant wife issues. I never had wifi issues when streaming from my phone with the old chromecast (2nd gen). I switched around which chromecast was attached to which tv and it is definitely an issue with the one TV/location (basement).

I am wondering why this is. Our house is covered with Wifi from Eero Wifi devices atached to a Verizon router. The Wifi signal in this section of the house (the basement) is no weaker then anywhere else. The old chromecast worked in the basement just fine. I can still stream to the new chromecast from my phone with relative ease, but if I try to watch a video through google tv on this one TV the videeo is continually interutpted with notices that the Wifi signal was lost and it breaks connection, then re-connects and eventually restarts. As I mentioned when I swapped one new chromecast for a different new chromecast (from one of the TV's that do not have a problem) I get the same problem so I do not think it is the device itself.

Curious if anyone has any thoughts.
spg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be that the newer Chromecast hardware isn't as sensitive (or as strong - WiFi is 2-way) as the older hardware. So the older hardware was getting sufficient signal from or to the basement, but the newer hardware isn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12