Will a factory data reset break root?

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like to make a reset to clean my phones internal storage space of unneeded data. I have stock rooted ec05. I am planning to make a backup. But I was wondering if this will break my root?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like to make a reset to clean my phones internal storage space of unneeded data. I have stock rooted ec05. I am planning to make a backup. But I was wondering if this will break my root?

Honestly, I have no idea. Just make sure you have a back up. My guess would be yes though. I imagine if you do a factory reset then that will remove the superuser app. If you were on a custom rom or kernel, with root built in then it would probably be fine.

Romanticrebel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I updated my samsung galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch to the new FC15 build, i don't like it...Can I just do a Factory reset???

It won't mess the phone up or anything right???

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Root isn't located within the data partition, it's within your system partition. So no, a data reset will not affect root.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated my samsung galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch to the new FC15 build, i don't like it...Can I just do a Factory reset???

It won't mess the phone up or anything right???

Wrong forum. Doing a factory reset won't revert which system your running, however. You would have to flash to a different build.

Romanticrebel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is my first time posting here, please forgive me. I just want to go back to the original build my phone came with. I hate the FC15 build. So can I do a factory reset without messing the phone up??? And will that revert to the original factory settings??? I just want my phone back to the way it was!

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time posting here, please forgive me. I just want to go back to the original build my phone came with. I hate the FC15 build. So can I do a factory reset without messing the phone up??? And will that revert to the original factory settings??? I just want my phone back to the way it was!

Please read my post above you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC