will either Pixel phone have AMOLED screen?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking forward to AMOLED after spending time with both a moto x pure and Nexus 5x, both of which are lcd. I really miss the deep blacks of AMOLED and have grown tired of moto/ambient display lighting up the whole screen

Totally agree. I moved to the N6P from the XPE, and while I liked the Moto screen, I very much prefer amoled. I just don't like blacks that are more gray than black. It was noticeable on my XPE. I don't have a problem with the saturation of amoled..

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree. I moved to the N6P from the XPE, and while I liked the Moto screen, I very much prefer amoled. I just don't like blacks that are more gray than black. It was noticeable on my XPE. I don't have a problem with the saturation of amoled..

That's the opposite for me. Blacks don't bother as much as whites and AMOLED screens have bad whites. As for the over saturation it just looks to cartooney for me.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hooray for AMOLED screens. I used to prefer LCD screens, but then a) I realized how awesome Moto's active display on the AMOLED 2014 Moto X is, and b) I got polarized sunglasses. Too many LCD screens are difficult to see with polarized sunglasses.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Is it the awesome top-of-the-line AMOLED? (like on the Samsung Note 7 and S7)

Or the subpar AMOLED, like on the Moto, HTC, ZTE, and Huawei(6p)?

I just realized I'm obsessed with AMOLED screens. (all 7 phones and 3 tablets on my desk right now are AMOLED screens... all Samsung) Each generation just gets better and better.

I have yet to see an s7 or s7 edge in person that looks as good as the screen on the HTC 10. I have seven friends that have an s7 or the edge and have viewed at least 15 in stores. Haven't seen any of them get any brighter than my 10. I prefer the whites of an LCD more than AMOLED. Don't care for the over saturated colors on AMOLED screens and that includes th s7 even though it's better than it used to be. I can see the PenTile matrix on most AMOLED screens I have viewed. And for some reason to my eyes AMOLED screens look kinda hazy or washed out and I don't have any problems with that on a good LCD screen.
Samsung displays literally get 2-3 times brighter than the HTC 10s display. Samsungs have color profiles you can choose - the color accurate option is "basic" so you don't have to use the oversaturated default option. I'm pretty sure your ability to see the pentile matrix and the AMOLEDs looking hazy or washed out are in your head. The Note 7 display has objectively the best image quality of any smartphone.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Is it the awesome top-of-the-line AMOLED? (like on the Samsung Note 7 and S7)

Or the subpar AMOLED, like on the Moto, HTC, ZTE, and Huawei(6p)?

I just realized I'm obsessed with AMOLED screens. (all 7 phones and 3 tablets on my desk right now are AMOLED screens... all Samsung) Each generation just gets better and better.

I didn't mean to quote LailaAK in the above post.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
N6P crossed the border for AMOLED being minimally acceptable to me, only if you use sRGB and get one without yellow discoloration. It should continue to get better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn