Will I regret purchasing the V20 for $360?

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
AT&T has it half price now too if you use the NEXT plan, so like $13 a month - and if you get it you can get the new LG sport watch for $49.

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope you all saw that if you bout the V-20 yesterday at t-mobile that you could also register with them for the free LG pico projector that amazon sells for $350. If not then go back to t-mobile and register for it. It this a better phone then the Huawei mate 9?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope you all saw that if you bout the V-20 yesterday at t-mobile that you could also register with them for the free LG pico projector that amazon sells for $350. If not then go back to t-mobile and register for it. It this a better phone then the Huawei mate 9?

I had the mate 9 and returned it. It was a good phone. Returned it because I was concerned about software security and updates. If the prices were the same I'd go for the mate but the price for the v20 is a phenomenal deal for what you get.

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Pixel XL that I use as my main phone. I'm probably returning the Mate 9 to Amazon since I've had it a month and never put my SIM in it. I like the phone a lot though. I took advantage of the deal with T-Mobile yesterday but the phone definitely doesn't feel as premium as the other two. That being said it was $360 vs $549 for the Mate 9. Is the quality of the phone as good?

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I switched from ATT to T-Mobile a month ago and the suggestion of a tech writer that I know. I live near a major city and the service has been much better than with ATT. I originally switched to ATT for the iPhone when it first came out and was a loyal customer. But T-mobile service has actually been much better.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Simple question: will I regret having the V20 for a year?

I purchased an iPhone 6S on a whim (coming from Nexus 5) in December and have hated it ever sense. With the V20 going on a great sale at T-Mobile (Grab an LG V20, Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge for just $360 at T-Mobile | Android Central) I'm considering paying extra to JUMP my phone. At $700+, the V20 wasn't even on my radar. I was thinking about getting a used 6P. Now that it's only $360, I'm not intrigued.

So, any Android coming from an iPhone 6S will make me happy. Will I regret having this for a year?
I'm pissed I DID spend $700 for mine but it is a great phone. No regrets except trade in value sucks.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The V20 is a wonderful device, and at that price point, it is a STEAL. If you are still a little unsure of the V20, watch some unboxing and review videos on YouTube (Android Authority is a great channel!). That may help you see what the phone will look like, run, etc; and potentially answer any questions you may have.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I purchased an iPhone 6S on a whim (coming from Nexus 5) in December and have hated it ever sense. With the V20 going on a great sale at T-Mobile (Grab an LG V20, Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge for just $360 at T-Mobile | Android Central) I'm considering paying extra to JUMP my phone. At $700+, the V20 wasn't even on my radar. I was thinking about getting a used 6P. Now that it's only $360, I'm not intrigued.

So, any Android coming from an iPhone 6S will make me happy. Will I regret having this for a year?

Only if you don't want the G6, which is coming out in a few weeks.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I switched from ATT to T-Mobile a month ago and the suggestion of a tech writer that I know. I live near a major city and the service has been much better than with ATT. I originally switched to ATT for the iPhone when it first came out and was a loyal customer. But T-mobile service has actually been much better.

Yeah, a friend of mine refuses to get T-Mobile because he had them way back when the G1 (the first Android phone) came out. He says it's terrible, while on Sprint compared to my T-Mobile. haha

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, a friend of mine refuses to get T-Mobile because he had them way back when the G1 (the first Android phone) came out. He says it's terrible, while on Sprint compared to my T-Mobile. haha

Sprint .. that word brings nightmares to me. My area was / is still bad for them.

pablotnewman

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I picked up the unlocked V20 on the B&H photo deal the other day. They had a 10/10 used one for only 399.

This is a phenomenal phone, and I don't normally like LG stuff.

I'm seriously impressed here though.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Only if you get stuck on a contract imho

Unlocked for any carrier? That would be a great great deal.

Last edited: