Will moto 360 replacement batteries be available?

lanching123

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
im wondering if anyone has a guess as to if there will be replacement batteries available? or will motorola offer a service to replace the battery down the road? i dont mind paying for a new battery when the time comes, but i want to make sure such a thing is available. if i buy a 250$-300$ watch i want to keep it for several (4-5) years at least. i am sure the originally battery will be good for about 2 years but anything beyond that seems kind of unlikely seeing that it needs to be charged up daily. thats a lot of cycles in a year.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I doubt you can replace it yourself, just by looking at the watch in pictures and videos tells me it's not that simple. Maybe you can send it in to them to have it replaced, but keep in mind, there will be another watch from Moto down the road...they want to sell those too...

lanching123

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I was afraid of that. Might have to do some more research before putting that kind of money out. Maybe Motorola will announce something about offering repairs etc down the road.

FrontRoyalCPU

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
How long do you keep your phone? Most phone batteries die well before the phone.

I guess it really depends on how much you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology.

lanching123

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually get a new phone every 2 years. Sometimes I need a new battery before then and sometimes I don't. But I guess what I think about is the best watch I have currently didn't cost 300$ but the moto with metal band I want will. I want to keep it around for a while at that price since I really don't need a smart watch and it's a luxury. As long as it works I see myself not replacing it for 4 or so years. But I know a battery won't go that long

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Judging from the iFixit teardown, I don't think anyone will be in replacing it. (3 out of 10 on repairability)

Posted via Android Central App

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're really lucky you won't need a full cycle everyday, then it should last well over 600 days. Think of it this way, 40% used is not a whole cycle and doesn't wear down the battery as much as an 80% drain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hayrii Kaya

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
im wondering if anyone has a guess as to if there will be replacement batteries available? or will motorola offer a service to replace the battery down the road? i dont mind paying for a new battery when the time comes, but i want to make sure such a thing is available. if i buy a 250$-300$ watch i want to keep it for several (4-5) years at least. i am sure the originally battery will be good for about 2 years but anything beyond that seems kind of unlikely seeing that it needs to be charged up daily. thats a lot of cycles in a year.

Replacement batteries would be great (And may be with higher capacity batteries) but may be it will remove IP67 standard and watch will get water inside easily.. Because replacement process can harm watches water resistance.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So how many charging cycles is the tiny 300mAh LiPo battery designed to take?

The same as a large LiPo battery. Doesn't matter the size, the technology is the same. Expect that like your phone, after 2-3 years, it will be an issue. The exact rate will depend on a myriad of factors- how often it is charged, how low the battery is allowed to go, temperatures, etc.

And where along the way will it going to decrease in efficiency?

Several weeks after initial use (the first few weeks the capacity gets BETTER, and then it slowly goes down with every charge).