will the Note 5 battery outlast the iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6S Plus battery?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: will the Note 5 batter outlast the iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6S Plus battery?

Most likely yes
The Galaxy S6 battery has been tested to last longer than the iPhone 6, so it would make sense that that Note 5 to last longer than the iPhone 6

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Most likely yes
The Galaxy S6 battery has been tested to last longer than the iPhone 6, so it would make sense that that Note 5 to last longer than the iPhone 6
Not sure if serious.. S6 has one of the worst stand by times ever, leave the iPhone 6 and pick it up after 2 hours battery would still be same. I use many Android phones, iPhone, windows phone and only fanboys claim battery life is better on Android phones.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Not sure if serious.. S6 has one of the worst stand by times ever, leave the iPhone 6 and pick it up after 2 hours battery would still be same. I use many Android phones, iPhone, windows phone and only fanboys claim battery life is better on Android phones.

Exactly.

I believe Samsung and any company that offers fast charging is aware the battery will not be great and fast charging is the solution.

With that said, I'm willing to bet that the galaxy note 5 battery life will also be mediocre just like the S6.

But I'm sure there will be many posts about disabling every useful cool feature and turning your phone into a flip phone.

Wireless fast charging does seem pretty cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Around the same in worst-cases.

Should be a tiny-bit better than my G4.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

The fact is nobody knows the answer to this question with any certainty yet.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

The fact is nobody knows the answer to this question with any certainty yet.

The fact is there's a smaller battery so I'm sure we can make pretty accurate guesses.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

will the Note 5 batter outlast the iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6S Plus battery?

Three is no way to know this until folks have used the phone normally for a week or so to report on it.

I believe Samsung and any company that offers fast charging is aware the battery will not be great and fast charging is the solution.

What are you talking about? Fast charging is awesome, and useful to anyone with a phone. Anyone that offers fast charging has a bad battery? Not remotely true and not even logical in any sense. Companies offer fast charging because it's a benefit for everyone. My Note 4 has fast charging and I get very good battery life from it.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

The fact is there's a smaller battery so I'm sure we can make pretty accurate guesses.

Sure we can take smart guesses but the fact is every hardware iteration brings a more efficient processor, more efficient display, God knows what the optimization is happening in the hardware and or software. In pure marketing terms I would be very surprised if the battery life wasn't as good as the note 4 or better. At the end of the day though that's just a guess.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Sure we can take smart guesses but the fact is every hardware iteration brings a more efficient processor, more efficient display, God knows what the optimization is happening in the hardware and or software. In pure marketing terms I would be very surprised if the battery life wasn't as good as the note 4 or better. At the end of the day though that's just a guess.

I really thinks that's wishful thinking, however, I'm not wishing for horrible battery life.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong because I might make the purchase.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Three is no way to know this until folks have used the phone normally for a week or so to report on it.

What are you talking about? Fast charging is awesome, and useful to anyone with a phone. Anyone that offers fast charging has a bad battery? Not remotely true and not even logical in any sense. Companies offer fast charging because it's a benefit for everyone. My Note 4 has fast charging and I get very good battery life from it.

Nexus 6-Motorola
Galaxy S6-Samsung
Galaxy S6 edge- Samsung

All offer fast charging, all have mediocre battery life.

So yes, fast charging is "awesome"
Yes, it is remotely true
Yes, it is logical.

We can make assumptions based on the size of the battery and the last 2 Samsung devices that were released, each having mediocre battery life.

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

I had a Note 2 for 2 years, then bought a Note 4 last year.

Last week I switched to an iPhone 6+ as part of a promo by T-Mobile. I figured I'd try it out while I waited to see what was up with the Note 5, then trade it in if I liked what I saw.

I can say in the week I've used the iPhone 6+, there are things I do and don't like compared to the Note/Android. Android for instance, is way ahead in notifications. But, the battery on the iPhone 6+ at least, is WAY better than my Note was. I imagine the 6s+ or whatever, will be even better. For the flaws, and annoyances that you have with the iPhone, the battery is way better than the Note line. I can't imagine the Note 5 taking a serious leap and being better than the iPhone in this category.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Unless You have a bad S6, my standby time is GREAT on my S6...usually when I'm at work at don't touch my phone, I'm still at around 70-80% around evening, and I leave in the morning

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I really thinks that's wishful thinking, however, I'm not wishing for horrible battery life.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong because I might make the purchase.

Who knows, I tend to take battery life reviews with a grain of salt. Battery life really is heavily dependent on how you use the phone and what your expectations are. Generally speaking battery life test dont capture this all that well. If you add in quick charging to the equation it changes even more because some people can get their phones on a charger easily through out the day and others can't.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Who knows, I tend to take battery life reviews with a grain of salt. Battery life really is heavily dependent on how you use the phone and what your expectations are. Generally speaking battery life test dont capture this all that well. If you add in quick charging to the equation it changes even more because some people can get their phones on a charger easily through out the day and others can't.

Yeah you're right, but when most reviewers are saying the same thing, I tend to agree.

Why watch a review if you're just going to downplay anything negative they say about the device?

Quick charge definitely helps but I'd rather have a battery that lasts longer than one hat charges fast.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Exactly.

With that said, I'm willing to bet that the galaxy note 5 battery life will also be mediocre just like the S6.

But I'm sure there will be many posts about disabling every useful cool feature and turning your phone into a flip phone.

Wireless fast charging does seem pretty cool though.

This is a test from Phonearena
Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 9.18.02 AM.png

This is from Trusted Reviews
"Living day-to-day with them, the S6's stamina levels are nowhere near as good as the S5, but compared to the iPhone 6 it just about beats it."
Read more at Samsung Galaxy S6 vs iPhone 6: Which is the best smartphone to buy?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Nexus 6-Motorola
Galaxy S6-Samsung
Galaxy S6 edge- Samsung

All offer fast charging, all have mediocre battery life.

So yes, fast charging is "awesome"
Yes, it is remotely true
Yes, it is logical.

We can make assumptions based on the size of the battery and the last 2 Samsung devices that were released, each having mediocre battery life.

Holy. There is no correlation, this is silly. It is NOT remotely true, or logical, to state that there is a correlation between fast-charging and a phones good or bad battery life. The Note 4, the Droid Turbo, etc. They have good to great battery life and they have fast charging.

My point was, and is, having fast charging is irrelevant to how good or bad the phones battery life is. Believe what you wish though, everyone always does I suppose ..

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

This is a test from Phonearena
View attachment 191186

This is from Trusted Reviews
"Living day-to-day with them, the S6's stamina levels are nowhere near as good as the S5, but compared to the iPhone 6 it just about beats it."
Read more at Samsung Galaxy S6 vs iPhone 6: Which is the best smartphone to buy?

There's a better test than this, it's called S6 forums on android central. I think you've even posted there complaining about battery life.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Holy. There is no correlation, this is silly. It is NOT remotely true, or logical, to state that there is a correlation between fast-charging and a phones good or bad battery life. The Note 4, the Droid Turbo, etc. They have good to great battery life and they have fast charging.

My point was, and is, having fast charging is irrelevant to how good or bad the phones battery life is. Believe what you wish though, everyone always does I suppose ..

The correlation is clear.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

There's a better test than this, it's called S6 forums on android central. I think you've even posted there complaining about battery life.

The S6 forums are not really a better test :)
And yeah my S6 battery life is not great anymore. Standby is amazing, but if I keep using it, then it goes down faster. I honestly think I have a bad battery, which is why I wish I had a removable battery

I used to ger 5+ hours of screen time on my S6: Here is the proof http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/519766-app-saved-my-battery.html

Now, I can't even get passed 4 hrs. Im sure if I factory reset, I would be getting 5+ hours but I don't want to do that. Probably I have to clean out my phone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary