Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 5 will not have SD card slot and removable battery... so what other 2015 phone can I get?

Probably the only one would be LG G4

The new Motos dont have removable battery but have SD

The new Nexus coming out probably wont either as they never had in the past.

Sony's usually have SD card but NO removable battery.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you think the Note 5 will be a flagship device? It's specs will be tops on the market, if that's your thing. I don't see Sammie missing the mark on a lot.

The lack of SD slot and sealed battery didn't make the nexus 6 any less worthy of being a Nexus device. The same will hold true for the Note 5 IF that's the direction it's moving towards.

The new Moto will have a sealed battery and balanced pricing which, is nothing new for them. The Note has always been a pricey device and with more premium build materials used it's only natural to expect a cost increase.

I wouldn't discredit the Note 5 before an official announcement although, I do realize it won't appeal to everyone.

Yes, many specs of the of the Note 5 will be among the best out there, but for users the battery and SD card are very important. Also, the sealed battery is also smaller than the Note 4, which I think is a valid concern especially after all of the battery concerns that have been raised on the S6.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 5 will not have SD card slot and removable battery... so what other 2015 phone can I get?

The best option right now if you want both is the LG G4.

However, do wait for the LG G4 Pro that's coming real soon.

If you don't mind a phone from last year, the Note 4 is still a wonderful phone.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who else predicts doom and gloom for the Galaxy Note 5?

Although I am disliking the direction the Note 5 is going, I don't think the Note 5 will flop.

While sales might be lower due to the number of the Note faithful moving to LG or another manufacturer with an SD card slot and removable battery, some people might not mind the lack of those 2 because the S Pen remains.

Though all the rumors suggesting an E7420 (not the newer E7422 that's a lot smaller) and a 3000mAh battery instead of a much-nicer 4100mAh unit has had me worried sick. Samsung seems to be doing the same thing with the S6 and that's sacrificing functionality for design, and for the Note faithful, that's not a good thing.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What do you NOT WANT to see in the Note 5?

Okay, it seems that we have threads asking guys what they want from the Note 5.

However, it's time for something different. What do you NOT WANT to see?

The following is mine
  • 64GB not being the base storage
  • A smaller battery for the sake of a thinner profile
  • The same overly-horrendous RAM management from the S6
  • No expandable storage and removable battery without compensation
That's about it.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

The only thing I really dislike is the apparent smaller battery. Everything else like it being removable and SD card doesn't bother me. The majority of people don't have access to an extra battery and have time to charge two anyway.

The smaller battery is inexcusable though, IMO.

And for those who threaten to go to an iPhone, then go and enjoy spending more money on a device less capable in nearly every aspect. But at least you can show your anger at Samsung for making a device without removable battery and SD card, even if your wallet will be more empty. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

The only thing I really dislike is the apparent smaller battery. Everything else like it being removable and SD card doesn't bother me. The majority of people don't have access to an extra battery and have time to charge two anyway.

The smaller battery is inexcusable though, IMO.

And for those who threaten to go to an iPhone, then go and enjoy spending more money on a device less capable in nearly every aspect. But at least you can show your anger at Samsung for making a device without removable battery and SD card, even if your wallet will be more empty. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

People buy iPhones for the "cool" factor.

They are great phones, but they aren't special in any way. It's just a phone, and yet, some people treat it like it's some sort of religious God or something.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So what do we know for sure so far?

Here is my list (I don't think I have left anything out) :

..... phew!

I'll add to it ;)

Exynos 7420
4GB RAM
Sealed 3000 mAh Battery
No SD Slot
16 MP rear camera (most likely same as in the GS6)
5 MP front camera
2560x1440 5.7 inch (roughly) screen
32 GB base storage

At least that's what "some" would say.....

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT WANT to see in the Note 5?

The following is mine
That's about it.

64GB not being the base storage - Will most likely be 32 GB base
A smaller battery for the sake of a thinner profile - Should be around 3000 mAh, at least that's the word on the street
The same overly-horrendous RAM management from the S6 - Probably so
No expandable storage and removable battery without compensation - Well it doesn't have an SD slot and it has a sealed battery (according to leaks), I wouldn't expect any "compensation"

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

I couldn't resist. Picture CrackBerry, January 2013:

That is actually a very very apt analogy to what Samsung is doing with the Note 5, and after reading your post and thinking some more, you've changed my mind and I think you are right - this calculated risk Samsung is taking, trying to grab apple market share, is probably not going to work. It won't be the flop that the Z10 was for blackberry but it will be a set back for Sammy.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

64GB not being the base storage - Will most likely be 32 GB base
A smaller battery for the sake of a thinner profile - Should be around 3000 mAh, at least that's the word on the street
The same overly-horrendous RAM management from the S6 - Probably so
No expandable storage and removable battery without compensation - Well it doesn't have an SD slot and it has a sealed battery (according to leaks), I wouldn't expect any "compensation"

Pretty much, yeah.

That's why I'm getting less and less excited.

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

People buy iPhones for the "cool" factor.

They are great phones, but they aren't special in any way. It's just a phone, and yet, some people treat it like it's some sort of religious God or something.

You are correct. There are basically two major factors in smartphone purchasing which drive the market. One is money and price, the other is knowledge and tech savvy. Apple has the high price / low information market cornered. Other than those people, their only market share is the Mac power users that have everything apple. Outside of Mac power users, their marketing and reputation has lots of people that don't understand the difference between 1 GB of ram and 4 GB of ram believing that their phone is the best phone from a hardware perspective. If you look at doctors, lawyers, basically rich people that are rarely tech savvy, they almost all carry iphone 6 plus or 6. If you actually get in a conversation with them about their phones, they are totally surprised to learn that the iphone has an outdated display, hardware specs I had on an android phone three years ago, a total inability to do half the things I rely on my phone for, and crappy battery life. A LARGE part of Apple's market share are older, less tech savvy people who truly believe they are buying the best hardware on the market with the iphone 6 and do not even comprehend the idea that there are dozens of features, software innovations, and hardware specs they are missing out on.

At the low price end of the spectrum, Android dominates in both high information and low information users. I do not truly believe that Samsung or any other Android OEM will significantly cut into Apple's market share until they begin presenting features that even low information, non-tech savvy people can understand - the edge screen was a perfect example, even my 60 year old mother could look at that in the store and say, wow, thats different and cool. She can't appreciate what NFC tags are, or why you would want to use them, but the edge screen is something she can understand.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'll add to it ;)

Exynos 7420
4GB RAM
Sealed 3000 mAh Battery
No SD Slot
16 MP rear camera (most likely same as in the GS6)
5 MP front camera
2560x1440 5.7 inch (roughly) screen
32 GB base storage

At least that's what "some" would say.....
I will take those from you as plausible, Mr Samsung!

I may have seen it's got a 3000, 4100 mah, 13 megaton thermonuclear rechargeable, replaceable battery.

Its got 32, 64, 128, 256 gb storage, expandable either by sd card or buying another one.

It's got a 5.7", 5.67", 5.66", 5.9" screen.

It's got a pen that you pull, push to eject or can read your brain waves and self ejects accordingly.

It can make and receive phone calls.

It can connect to the Internet, but you will have to pay for this separately.

It will have a camera

It will break

(we may as well have some fun. Still a week to go)

Could those reveals have been regional versions, or rejected prototypes?

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
It will almost definitely have a battery, a screen and processor.

The s pen will be able to scramble eggs for you if you so choose.

It will give you the winning lottery numbers.

It will also tell you at what age you'll live to.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The following is mine
That's about it.

Well I hope your ready to be disappointed as all those things on your list have been pretty much confirmed at this point

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I will take those from you as plausible, Mr Samsung!

I may have seen it's got a 3000, 4100 mah, 13 megaton thermonuclear rechargeable, replaceable battery.

Its got 32, 64, 128, 256 gb storage, expandable either by sd card or buying another one.

It's got a 5.7", 5.67", 5.66", 5.9" screen.

It's got a pen that you pull, push to eject or can read your brain waves and self ejects accordingly.

It can make and receive phone calls.

It can connect to the Internet, but you will have to pay for this separately.

It will have a camera

It will break

(we may as well have some fun. Still a week to go)

Could those reveals have been regional versions, or rejected prototypes?

Truth be told with regards to Samsung it's entirely possible that they would have different versions based on region, at least that what history tells us about them

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Well I hope your ready to be disappointed as all those things on your list have been pretty much confirmed at this point

Well, I already am ready to be disappointed.

I've already taken a look at other devices I'd be interested in.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It will almost definitely have a battery, a screen and processor.

The s pen will be able to scramble eggs for you if you so choose.

It will give you the winning lottery numbers.

It will also tell you at what age you'll live to.
A Note 3 poster discovered a hidden nose picking function on the pen, which he kindly shared with the rest of us. (what a happy day that was)
That should be carried over.

I didn't like your last one!

(I"ll shut up now )

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I will not replace my Note 4 with a Note 5 but if the Note 5 is really nice I may add one to my Note 4 so that my Note 4 doesn't feel lonely. My iPhone and Note 4 are always fighting, they both think they're better than the other and vying for attention. My Nexus 5 is kinda a snob and doesn't like either. So I may get a Note 5 and a 6s at some point to settle things down.

from the Elegance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choll