wiped cached data now all my contacts have dissappered

mkdon

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
hi

i was experiencing sluggish performance on my s6, it was takin ages for my contacts to appear when trying to dial them, i fixed this by going on to apps>contacts>clear data and cached data.

however it came at a price. many of my contacts have now disappeared. is there anyway i can restore them?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where were the contacts saved to? Your Google Contacts account, or the local Phone account? If they were with your Google account, then they should resync automatically. If they were in your local Phone account, then Clearing Data from your Contacts app wipes them out. That's why it gives you that warning when you tap Clear Data.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
hi

i was experiencing sluggish performance on my s6, it was takin ages for my contacts to appear when trying to dial them, i fixed this by going on to apps>contacts>clear data and cached data.

however it came at a price. many of my contacts have now disappeared. is there anyway i can restore them?

Well, if your contacts weren’t on Google and they were on your phone then you lost them. But, if you have done a backup with Samsung Smart switch before you should have a way to restore them. Also, if by any chance you have them as Samsung account contacts you should also be able to restore them. Go to settings-Backup and Restore and on the Samsung account options you'll find the option to restore the contacts backed up to Samsung account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174