Wireless Charger question

rem0us

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Recently got a belkin qi wireless Charger and want to use it on my note 4. What can I use to make this work? I'm currently using a otterbox defender and would like to continue to do so.

Tumultus

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Since you want to stick with your Otterbox, the only solution is something like this. It goes under your battery cover and doesn't add any thickness to the device. I do not know first hand how good or reliable those things work but, well, read the reviews.

You can find cheaper versions of it. Just type "Note 4 wireless charging" in the search.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You need one of two things:
1) The official or Samsung-sanctioned wireless charger back cover, which adds the necessary charging coils to the phone. This is the safest way to add wireless charging. Problem is that these backs usually add bulk to your phone, which means you probably wouldn't be able to continue to use your Otterbox case.
2) Get a 'coil card', which is basically a 3rd party add-on that sticks over the battery and under your current battery cover and plugs into your battery charging pins. This doesn't add as much bulk, but since it's an add-on and it's basically a metal coil that's being put on top of critical hardware components, it's not the safest, most recommendable way of doing it. However, this should allow you to keep using your Otterbox case. BUT since these add-ons aren't top notch, there is a possibility that they might not be able to receive the signal from the wireless charger if you don't remove the Otterbox case while charging; YMMV.

Espressolover

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately the official Samsung charging back is not available in the UK and Is only available in the US or South Korea, so out of the question, I am looking for a QI reciever that works with the Samsung s flip case, which retains the flip case functions.